• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority dispute ends at US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess you are saying that once a company "accepts" a section of a contract during negotiations that a union can't re-open it? Is this for any section at any time? I don't believe this is correct, but I'm no expert on negotiation rules.

Charlie,

We went through a process, had an arbitrator the East wanted, were told by East negotiators to be expected to abide by the decision. Had pilot neutrals (Nic refers to them) and is trying to throw these refs out of the game when the final score is in the books.

To throw out a legit union and to replace it with an "association" to "re-open" it is underhanded to say the least.

I guess they can try, Charlie. I don't think they are going to get very far with Leonidas LLC watching every move.

Took the time to read it, seems like a very well thought out document.

Ratioed, much like DL/NW. If you were at the top 50% of the previous company you remain at the top 50% of the new company. East pilots flying wide-bodies kept those positions with the top 500 of the list going to East before the first West pilot. If you were furloughed at the time of the merger, you went below the most junior actively flying pilot.

Simply put and waiting on the spin....Standby

ALPA Merger policy
Any pilot who is a merger representative in an announced merger shall be disqualified

After further review, you are going to have to try another method of wriggling out of arbitration your side agreed to comply.

Waiting for another Hail Mary. :laugh:

'Deserve' has nothing to do with anything. We all deserve to get paid $300/hr but that ain't gonna happen. This is about entitlement. The East feels entitled to, well, I guess everything -- but they're wrong. The West is legally entitled to what the arbitraitor decided. It sucks when the law isn't on your side but somehow we all manage.

The earth quakes under their watchful eye. You should be getting everything you deserve. Sleep easy.

Leonidas LLC, shaking things up in USAPIA. The best money I ever spent.

Did you hear your lawyer already started off on the wrong foot with Judge Silver?

USAPA's Motion to Dismiss stricken.
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF ARIZONA
) No. CV-10-01570-PHX-ROS ) ORDER
) ) ) )
CCase 2:10-cv-01570-ROS
Document 45
Filed 09/17/10
Page 1 of 2
US Airways, Inc., Plaintiff,
vs.
Don Addington, et al., Defendants.

On September 10, 2010, the Court granted Defendant USAPA permission to file a brief of no more than twenty-five pages in support of its motion to dismiss. (Doc. 42).

On September 14, 2010, USAPA filed a thirty-eight page motion. (Doc. 43). Inexplicably, USAPA interpreted the Court’s order as allowing a thirty-eight page motion, provided USAPA used different numbering systems for the two sections of the motion. Page limits cannot be manipulated so easily. USAPA must file a motion of no more than twenty-five pages. The twenty-five pages is inclusive of any pages devoted to the background facts.

Accordingly,
IT IS ORDERED the Motion to Strike (Doc. 44) is GRANTED. The Memorandum (Doc. 43) is STRICKEN.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED USAPA shall file a motion of no more than twenty- five pages no later than September 21, 2010.

DATED this 17th day of September, 2010.

Judge Roslyn O. Silver

'Deserve' has nothing to do with anything. We all deserve to get paid $300/hr but that ain't gonna happen. This is about entitlement. The East feels entitled to, well, I guess everything -- but they're wrong. The West is legally entitled to what the arbitraitor decided. It sucks when the law isn't on your side but somehow we all manage.

Yeah, the law. Tashima and Graber already sent their condolences. What more do you want?

Keep reaching for what USAPA thinks the 9th said, we are ready for DFR II if the latest filling does not kill the DOH Dream finally!!!

Latest resources

Back