• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority dispute ends at US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't understand why so many westicals seem so surprised that the eastinfections are putting up such a fight. All the "integrity" and "2.8 as many east pilot" arguments may seem to make sense until you put a man with 2 MONTHS of service ahead of a man with 16.4 YEARS of service. Ya I know he was furloughed but he (we) will fight to the death. I'm just sayin...

I did not get hired at the acquiring airline to have someone take my job because they feel entititled and empowered by arrrogance and a sense of superiority.

Pilots flying the day the acquisition was announced should expect to keep their jobs. Furloughed pilots should be recalled when a position is available, not by taking the position of a pilot who brought a job to the acquisition of us air.

I don't understand why so many westicals seem so surprised that the eastinfections are putting up such a fight. All the "integrity" and "2.8 as many east pilot" arguments may seem to make sense until you put a man with 2 MONTHS of service ahead of a man with 16.4 YEARS of service. Ya I know he was furloughed but he (we) will fight to the death. I'm just sayin...

Ya you know he was furloughed? Are you kidding? No job at the acquired airline and you want to jump ahead of active pilots. Quite a case of entitlement there. Just keep fighting genius, you'll end up with the Nic and a crappy contract. In your case I think stupid is really going to hurt.

....you put a man with 2 MONTHS of service ahead of a man with 16.4 YEARS of service.

What all the easties seem to forget or just ignore is the fact that 16.4 years of service gets you what, a junior FO seat? And they say the West guys are looking for a windfall... ha!

But it's OK to put a east F/O who was hired in '89 that has 8 years LOS, in front of a continuously employed west captain that was hired in '89 and has been a captain since '99....RIGHT?

HELP!!! MCDU HELP!!!! No seriously will you young guys feel any entitlement if you ever make it to 16 years with a major? You should. Everyone knows this business is prone to ups and downs. Before many of you were born there were pilots who were furloughed for a few months or a few years and then recalled into a hiring boom. I just think its sick for a group to exploit this fact and take advantage of a group suffering a down cycle. Good luck to you.

It is the PFT generation. They see things different. Just a few years ago Skybus was hiring upgrading. Kind of like AWA.

M

HELP!!! MCDU HELP!!!! No seriously will you young guys feel any entitlement if you ever make it to 16 years with a major? You should. Everyone knows this business is prone to ups and downs. Before many of you were born there were pilots who were furloughed for a few months or a few years and then recalled into a hiring boom. I just think its sick for a group to exploit this fact and take advantage of a group suffering a down cycle. Good luck to you.

Don't care about your suffering. You should have seen the writing on the wall and left. You should have started over at a viable carrier. Your horrible career does not give you carte blanche to then become a parasite and feed off of those you deem fortunate "enough".

It is the PFT generation. They see things different. Just a few years ago Skybus was hiring upgrading. Kind of like AWA.

M

Nice try mcdoosh. Never paid for a job, didn't even pay for multi-time. Willing to bet I had a lot more experience when I was hired at AWA than you did when hired at US Air. If Skybus grew to become a major airline and then bought a failing legacy carrier, then yeah you could compare the two......idiot.

You're standing in the middle of the road and a car is coming. Another pedestrian crossing the street tries to help you get out of the road but instead you try to justify why he should trade places and get hit while you take his wallet and go merrily on your way. That makes perfect sense, right?

Yeah, damn you West pilots and your foolish greed!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back