• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority dispute ends at US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The last item in the USAPPA merger committee update is the catastrophic reduction clause.

Catastrophic Reduction Clause

In the event of a catastrophic reduction in force of 25% or more of the pilot position count which existed on 1 June 2008, the integrated system seniority list shall govern in all seniority-related matters.

Duration

The Duration of the Conditions and Restrictions shall be 10 years.

Bob Davison
Merger Committee Chairman

The day of the merger I was a lineholding A-320 Captain but if a 25% reduction in force occurs I will be on the street and an east pilot who was furloughed on the day of the merger will have my job.

According to USAPPA and its defenders this is not a windfall for the east. Nor is it unfair nor is it the east stealing west jobs. It is USAPPA protecting my interests.

I don't think it will be too difficult to prosecute an new DFR case and to obtain damages, both actual and punitive, from USAPPA and individual east pilots.

I relish cashing the check with St. Nic's signature.

The last item in the USAPPA merger committee update is the catastrophic reduction clause.

The day of the merger I was a lineholding A-320 Captain but if a 25% reduction in force occurs I will be on the street and an east pilot who was furloughed on the day of the merger will have my job.

According to USAPPA and its defenders this is not a windfall for the east. Nor is it unfair nor is it the east stealing west jobs. It is USAPPA protecting my interests.

I don't think it will be too difficult to prosecute an new DFR case and to obtain damages, both actual and punitive, from USAPPA and individual east pilots.

I relish cashing the check with St. Nic's signature.

Its called seniority, based on how long you worked there, starting with your DATE OF HIRE. Seniority, something you realize you never had.

Its called seniority, based on how long you worked there, starting with your DATE OF HIRE. Seniority, something you realize you never had.

So stealing is acceptable as long as it is done under the guise of seniority?

Newsflash junior; there is not now nor has there ever been a national seniority list.

Therefore we utilize date of hire to determine our relative positions at our own carriers but these dates have no utility to determine our seniority relative to our peers. Therefore DOH has rarely been used in pilot seniority mergers.

Seniority is a position not a date.

I had enough "seniority" to hold captain on an A-320 while the east pilot that USAPPA wants to replace me with had only enough "seniority" to be a furloughed (i.e. unemployed) pilot.

USAPPA, and you, apparently believe that they have found a formula to make that theft acceptable.

No-one but you and your fellow thieves believe you are not a force of evil.

Sorry Union Buster...you want the seniority he HAD...at an airline YOU NEVER WORKED FOR.

You were on furlough 3x longer than your active service...and you actually CHOSE to return?!!!:laugh::laugh:

Sucks to be you.

Nic. is coming in suppository form soon.

Here is the latest from USAPAWATCH (written by an East pilot)

AWOL
Have you ever called the national office and asked to speak with President Cleary?

Go ahead and try it.

If you are one of the lucky few to actually connect with him, make sure you get all your questions answered as you will not be so lucky the next time you call. There exists much mystery as to the happenings behind the combination locked door at our national headquarters. What isn’t a mystery, however, is the infinitesimally small amount of work that is actually accomplished there. Instead of a work ethic commensurate with the highest paid non-management narrow body captain on property, we have a president who spends less time in his office than a census worker spends in his.

A call to the office will more likely lead to a conversation with EVP Hummel or Secretary-Treasurer Streble. They are hands down the two hardest working officers we have elected. In spite of constant harassment and petty assignments from the top, they soldier on for the betterment of the entire group.

This week they accepted an invitation by the Phoenix Chairman to attend their local domicile meeting. One would think that attendance by a national officer at a local meeting would be a non-event. Officers attend our Philadelphia and Charlotte meetings on a regular basis. But without explanation or notice, they were barred from attending the meeting by President Cleary. Yup, you heard it correctly. Two independently elected national officers were forbidden to attend a meeting of USAPA’s largest domicile. So much for unity building!

Speaking of unity building; mark September 8th on your calendar for the Philadelphia Leadership Walk. That’s right folks, the Company must be shaking in their boots. In an attempt to provoke rage, Mr. Theuer’s advertisement proclaims

“It’s time to stand up, and to let the Company know that you’re not going to take it anymore. Enough is enough!
(bold emphasis added by Mr. Theuer)

Which begs the question Mr. Theuer, enough of what?

Enough of Mr. Cleary’s concerted contract delay tactics?

Enough of Mr. Seham spending millions of dollars with little to show but a win on ripeness?

Enough of a select few living high off flight pay loss?

Enough of contract proposals concessionary to what even ALPA TA’d?

Enough of a union president and vice-president harboring a known union buster?

Enough of proclamations that a strike is near when we are tied to a west pilot group dedicated to their own cause?

Shall we go on Mr. Theuer?

A more appropriate location for the picket would be the national office in Charlotte.

The problem with picketing our own union office....

Mr. Cleary wouldn’t even be around to witness the event

Just a matter of time before the evil empire crumbles. It's looking a bit like 1989!

Cowboy75, I see what you did here! You forgot to add the question mark in this thread's title! Careful, otherwise the mods may punish you by forcing you to merge with Scope or Nic ... :D ;)

Cowboy75, I see what you did here! You forgot to add the question mark in this thread's title! Careful, otherwise the mods may punish you by forcing you to merge with Scope or Nic ... :D ;)

You did not mean to leave Marty out, did you? I'm sure he'd like to merge too.;)

This is somewhat germane to this thread:

Did you know that 3 of the 4 members of the USAPA Negotiation Advisory Committee were furloughed from US Air at the time of the "merger" announcement (May 2005)? The only member of the NAC that had a job either carrier at that time was the token west pilot, and he's not even the chairman. Pretty funny, huh?

Did you know that after 29 months of being the certified bargaining agent for the US Airways pilots, they only have 7 sections done (of what, 26+ sections?)? That's 23 months later than what they promised during the campaign. Pretty funny' huh?

This is somewhat germane to this thread:

Did you know that 3 of the 4 members of the USAPA Negotiation Advisory Committee were furloughed from US Air at the time of the "merger" announcement (May 2005)? The only member of the NAC that had a job either carrier at that time was the token west pilot, and he's not even the chairman. Pretty funny, huh?

Did you know that after 29 months of being the certified bargaining agent for the US Airways pilots, they only have 7 sections done (of what, 26+ sections?)? That's 23 months later than what they promised during the campaign. Pretty funny' huh?

In my best Slim Pickens: "The dang Germans got nothin' to do with this..."

But seriously, yes it would be funny if it weren't so sad...and not just a little bit CRIMINAL.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back