• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority by Date of Hire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, like I said, why aren't you guys demanding arbitration? You can't lose right? Advantage DAL in every case right?? Why even engage in the sham of "negotiations" on SLI? Seems like you are selling yourselves short by even thinking of compromise instead of going right to the arbitrator. Right? Hmmmmm....;)

Last edited:
I'll jump in on this one. I think the USAir deal was pretty fair. I would have given the East pilots a little more consideration for future retirements, but not a whole lot. And I certainly would not have put any furloughed pilots ahead of any actively flying West pilots.

There were active East pilots at the time of the merger announcement that were placed at the bottom (furloughed from USAirways) on the nic list simply because ALPA used an old seniority list and never bother to give an updated list to the arbitrator.

There were active East pilots at the time of the merger announcement that were placed at the bottom (furloughed from USAirways) on the nic list simply because ALPA used an old seniority list and never bother to give an updated list to the arbitrator.

Were there black helicopters flying overhead at the time? GMAFB

So, like I said, why aren't you guys demanding arbitration? You can't lose right?

Because negotiated results are better for everyone in the long term.

If we were about sticking it to the NWA pilots we wouldn't have negotiated the JPWA.

Ultimately we'll have a negotiated or arbitrated result which will be fair and will consider contract values, aircraft, orders and retirements. Each will be given consideration, the fact that DAL has over 100 wide bodied 767s and nearly twice as many 757s will not be ignored, as much as some would like it to be.

It's not the list that ALPA used, it's the list that Nicolau used. AAA had a list they wanted considered and AWA had a different one. Nicolau used the list that was in effect at the time of the merger. If you brought a job to the merger at that time, you were senior to someone who didn't.

Ahhh. Back to calling the NWA merger committee names. Predictable. Lame.

If you want people to comment on the original topic then why did you drag the whole DAL/NWA situation into this in post #74? Comments about how NWA pilots will get hit and, oh, my personal favorite again, the 767 really IS a widebody. Time to find a new song there puffy. In the new JPWA the 767 pays the same as the 757.....even NWA 757's, and is 12% below A330/7674 rates. But I guess arbitrators are more into cabin width measurements.

I brought the NWA/DAL arrangement into the mix by explaining how RIGHT our merger is going when compared to how WRONG the USAIR/AWA merger is going. I included the reasons why they were both going their respective ways. Then the NWA usuals have to jump into the mix with their paranoia.

Psst..BTW the new pay rates cannot be used as a bargaining position with regard to arbitration in the SLI. FYI. It's coming. Also, the arbitrator WILL know what aircraft are coming and what career expectations are with regard to the two groups. It's coming.

Psst..BTW the new pay rates cannot be used as a bargaining position with regard to arbitration in the SLI. FYI. It's coming. Also, the arbitrator WILL know what aircraft are coming and what career expectations are with regard to the two groups. It's coming.

Career expectations?? What is that? I thought this was an airline forum!

Just curious, a previous poster from NWA stated that DOH would be a windfall for DAL, was that TIC or do you think that NWA actually deserves better than DOH?

Heyas,

DOH would be a windfall for MANY (I dare say the majority) on the DAL list due to the demographic difference.

You might take a slight hit on day one, but as NWA guys continue to retire (add another 50 gone for September), the relatively younger, senior DAL guys would enjoy direct access to their seats. In 5 years, the DAL guys would OWN most of the former NWA WB left seats.

Most younger/junior NWA guys would get a SLIGHT advantage in % on day one (LOW single digits), but as DAL guys filled in to what were previously NWA retirements, their projected percentages get raped 5, 10 and 15 years down the road.

If you guys could pile off the short bus for a coffee break, you might look down the road a few years.

Nu

DOH would be a windfall for MANY (I dare say the majority) on the DAL list due to the demographic difference.

DOH would be a travesty for the majority of Delta pilots. Frankly I think relative position would be a windfall for the majority of NWA pilots.

Maybe if you keep repeating this an arbitrator will see it and agree.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back