• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Senators send letter to TSA owner Hulas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
These problems were created at mainline, and can only be solved by mainline pilots. As I said, mainline guys need to get a pair and get this flying back, and do whatever is necessary to get it done.

How convenient! You don't have any responsibility, because it's all mainline's fault! And of course, they are the ones who have to fix it!

Sorry, nothing's that simple. We're in this problem for a whole host of reasons. Yes, mainline MECs have given up a lot on scope, but it's easy for us to look back in hindsight and see that. The CRJ was designed as a turboprop replacement. No one thought 15 years ago that a CRJ would be doing a route like IND-RSW or CVG-ATL. The problem, of course, is that it's difficult to stuff the genie back in the bottle years later after you see what's happened.

Throw into the mix the fact that many MECs at regionals have been unwilling to discuss flow-throughs that could have served as the foundation for single-list efforts. Hell, Dan Ford and his merry band of RJDC losers all think that they deserve 767 Captain slots at Delta! Yes, mainline MECs need to work on fixing the scope issue, but regional pilots share the blame, and we'll be required to share the burden to fix it also.

Zell Miller is a "Democrat"

I don't seem to remember anybody questioning Zell's credentials when he was a keynote speaker at '92 Democratic convention (you remember, where Clinton picked him to introduce his when he accepted the nomination).

The best macaroni & cheese is made with Velveeta, I don't care what anybody says.

I don't seem to remember anybody questioning Zell's credentials when he was a keynote speaker at '92 Democratic convention (you remember, where Clinton picked him to introduce his when he accepted the nomination).

Correct! And nobody questioned his cred in 2001, when he called Kerry "one of this nation's authentic heroes, one of this party's best-known and greatest leaders – and a good friend" www.counterbias.com/107.html

The issue here is your credibility. What did you see Lindsay do in '98? How much Scope was still on the table at that meeting at the Northland Inn?

We can joust on other issues, Sir SmallerLanceThanMine, but on the topic of what the NWA pilots were doing during the strike of '98, you're naked.

...and, I just threw up in my mouth a little while typing that.

Well Occam, my point was that management got the best of you in 98, and on that youre naked.......

Well Occam, my point was that management got the best of you in 98, and on that youre naked.......

'89 - They won
'93 - They won
'96 - We won
'98 (March) - We won
'98 (Aug) - We won
'03 - We won
'06 - They won

My theory: Leverage is transient, so the sun don't shine on the same dog all the time. Having folks in control of the government who will help you ...or at a minimum...not hurt you, is an important variable in the Leverage Equation.

Big deal. They wrote a letter. Hulas doesn't give a rats azz. That letter is spooled up, and sitting next to his toilet, waiting to be used.

Well Occam, we'll just have to disagree. I don't see any of these mainline contracts negotiated since deregulation a win. Just a matter of losing a lot or a little. In fact the only agreement I would see as a win was the contract Comair negotiated in '01, but that was just nullified in bankruptcy.

Have a nice day. I've got a pool to finish setting up.......so I'll talk to you another time....

Quite interesting. Congressmen write a letter to airline management, a true rarity, telling management to shape up and treat works just and fairly and the only thing pilots can do is debate ancilliary semantics and embryo's.

I guess Pilots are quite content and satisfied with thier careers. Their careers are in great shape............

Quite interesting. Congressmen write a letter to airline management, a true rarity, telling management to shape up and treat works just and fairly and the only thing pilots can do is debate ancilliary semantics and embryo's.

I guess Pilots are quite content and satisfied with thier careers. Their careers are in great shape............

You said it Rez. I could care less who wrote that letter to Hulas, but at least someone finally did. Something. Anything. Please.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back