Senators send letter to TSA owner Hulas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Taws,

Some people vote for other reasons than their union standing.

Do you think labor would've taken the beating it has, in this industry, if the Republicans hadn't been in charge for the last 6.5 years?

As a member of a union, I think people should take a step back from being appalled at Clinton's behaviour and start asking "what has Bush done for the country/middle America?"

If the Republicans win next time, look for Hulas et al to run rampant again!

Do you think labor would've taken the beating it has, in this industry, if the Republicans hadn't been in charge for the last 6.5 years?

As a member of a union, I think people should take a step back from being appalled at Clinton's behaviour and start asking "what has Bush done for the country/middle America?"

If the Republicans win next time, look for Hulas et al to run rampant again!

If the Democrats win, look for any increased pay to be off set by higher taxes and less freedom....

We need a change (for a few years atleast) - don't fall for scare tactics! If they get this industry in their crosshairs, your increased QOL will hopefully offset any tax hike.
If they reform the RLA, it'll be worth any downside.

By the way, I don't see any Republicans sending out letters to POS airline execs like Hulas .............. Do you guys??

Democrats=Less freedom?? Was anyone enslaved or chained to a stump during the mid/late 90's?

While I understand disgust with some policies of the demoratic party, please think before you call a 300 word letter to a relatively unknown regional airline a PR stunt. It's a breath of fresh air to even see a sentence come from Washington in the name of labor support these days. Let alone for us pilots.

Why is it that the party running on the platform of "less government" is the same group of people telling women what they should do with their bodies, putting the commandments in court houses, haulting LIFE SAVING genetic research and deciding whether you're a patriot or not FOR YOU based upon a measure of support for the worst & only choice/direction to go in fighting terror?

Meanwhile, thanks to this administration, your party is held hostage by the most wacked out radical religious right. I.E. Jesus Camp. You really think morals are stopping bush from signing a stem cell bill??? Say what you want about the liberals, but their policies haven't killed anyone--compared to the 3300+ dead in this Iraq war that was supposedly over 3 years ago, that has accomplished NOTHING.

The politics of fear is finally getting figured out...it's bogus.

Last edited:
By the way, I don't see any Republicans sending out letters to POS airline execs like Hulas .............. Do you guys??

Whaaaat?

Send a letter to their donors?

Pshaw!

There ARE much more important issues than supporting Labor! There's the Global War On Terror! We need to support the party that TWICE tried to insert language to allow foreign airlines to fly our warriors to/from combat.

We need a party that's so focused they can react swiftly and decisively in a crisis. No...not a crisis like the loss of pensions for patriotic Americans when their industry is hit by extraordinary events...but a crisis like getting Terri Schaivo's feeding tube reinserted right now!

Yeah...my priorities are obviously out-of-whack.

I have to laugh when I hear union members tout the Republican party as being a good choice - ONLY in the airline industry would you hear this.

By the way, these are usually the same people who bitch about their union, yet are the first to call their reps when the sh!t hits the fan and they screw up!!
To err is human, we all do it, just remember who stands on YOUR side when it happens!

We need a change (for a few years atleast) - don't fall for scare tactics! If they get this industry in their crosshairs, your increased QOL will hopefully offset any tax hike.
If they reform the RLA, it'll be worth any downside.
so what makes you think domocrats will reform RLA? Couldn't Clinton have done that his first 2 years rather than say working on other pressing issues like gays in the military?

Was the airline industry in this condition when Clinton was in office?

What did UAL/DAL/NWA guys earn when Bill was in office?

What do they earn now?

What do you aspire to earn in this industry?

I know what I would like to earn.

I know that Clinton wasn't responsible for these wage gains, but it didn't hurt to have a democrat running the show when they went into negotiations.

Get over the "gays in the military" nonsense. Clinton lied to us ..... so what!
Do you think you're being lied to now? Of course we are, and the next guy will do the same. Point is, who is going to improve this industry/YOUR quality of life????

Bush?

Latest resources

Back