Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kingair1

Alaska Airlines flight aborted after eagle strikes engine

SITKA, Alaska - An eagle was sucked into an engine of an Alaska Airlines jet as the aircraft was taking off from Sitka, Alaska, on Sunday, causing the flight to be aborted.

Seattle-bound Flight 68 was approaching takeoff speed when the eagle was ingested into the left engine shortly after 10 a.m. in Sitka. None of the 134 passengers or five crew members was hurt.

Nice job guys !!!

Last edited:
SITKA, Alaska - An eagle was sucked into an engine of an Alaska Airlines jet as the aircraft was taking off from Sitka, Alaska, on Sunday, causing the flight to be aborted.

Seattle-bound Flight 68 was approaching takeoff speed when the eagle was ingested into the left engine shortly after 10 a.m. in Sitka. None of the 134 passengers or five crew members was hurt.

Nice job guys !!!

Apparently Mookie was hoping to be the next Sully. Listen kid, like Matt Damon's character playing an airline pilot on the TV show 30 Rock stated "I get paid to NOT hit birds. I do that EVERYDAY. Sully hits a few birds and then gets invited to the Emmy's...."

BTW, I still can't wait to fly into Sitka as PIC. It will be a FANTASTIC moment. And, I will try to avoid Eagles.

Bye Bye---General Lee

BTW, I still can't wait to fly into Sitka as PIC. It will be a FANTASTIC moment. And, I will try to avoid Eagles.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I can't wait for you to do that either. Then you'll know what it is that AK Air pilots do on a daily basis. After that you can go cry to your mom and tell her how you want to go back to ATL and have 15 mile finals.

HAHA

I could just imagine your first missed in Juneau over Coghlan Island. Seat sucked up your bum shaking as you try to make the 1 mile 180 degree turn without hitting the mountain side.

Dream On.

Apparently Mookie was hoping to be the next Sully. Listen kid, like Matt Damon's character playing an airline pilot on the TV show 30 Rock stated "I get paid to NOT hit birds. I do that EVERYDAY. Sully hits a few birds and then gets invited to the Emmy's...."

Bye Bye---General Lee

Damn, missed my chance by a matter of days to be a hero!! And to the General no less.

Great job guys, hopefully y'all get the credit you deserve.

Anyone else "smell" next years LOFT???

Mookie

GL, I'm sure you can ride on Alaska up there and rent a Cessna or something. Heck, on the flight up there, maybe you could even jumpseat!

Keep reaching for that rainbow, GL.

I can't wait for you to do that either. Then you'll know what it is that AK Air pilots do on a daily basis. After that you can go cry to your mom and tell her how you want to go back to ATL and have 15 mile finals.

HAHA

I could just imagine your first missed in Juneau over Coghlan Island. Seat sucked up your bum shaking as you try to make the 1 mile 180 degree turn without hitting the mountain side.

Dream On.

Nice job on you comment clippyrip. I didn't know what to say at first because I couldn't believe how GL took a serious incident and turned it around to make fun of Mookie and talk about his dream of flying Sitka. This is true unprofessional ism from you GL and makes me wonder if you would make the same comments about your fellow comrades if such a thing happened.

I love how the company spokesman said the engine "auto shut down" after the bird strike. Where do they find these guys?

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'm embarrassed that I work with the general. Mookie is like NewK....the birds watch in awe as he fly's by and the girls beg him for a romp in the hay.

Beers to you Mookie and your lil c-hare!!!!!

Latest resources

Back