• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SEA Sonic booms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last fall Obama appeared live at three 10 minute appearances for Jon Corzine (Gov NJ). Consequently 3 of my commutes home were absolutely destroyed as EWR went into a minimum two hour ground delay program. Mr President if your presence causes that much chaos, STAY THE F*CK IN THE WHITE HOUSE...

It is a pain whenever the Whitehouse travels, for whatever reason. In 2008 I ended up having to divert when Dick Cheny came into DTW for a campaign funraiser. We ended up going to MBS with what looked like half of NWA's fleet.

In 2003 they switched the DTW airport runways cause of a Whitehouse motor cade and we might over fly them. A number of aircarft couldn't take off due to the tailwinds. Maybe they should just have them fly into military bases and have a better designed airspace restriction, not sure if it is possible.

fly into military bases and have a better designed airspace restriction, not sure if it is possible
I asked that question about KLAS, since Nellis is so close. The answer was "the public likes to see AF1 and their tax dollars at work." I laughed in the guys face. Anytime the Pres shows up here it turns this place into KEWR on a thunderstorm day. I want to see my tax dollars sitting in the oval office.

Sorry guys, my bad. Damned fish burrito w cabbage and refried beans. :p

Mookie

How slow can you fly the F-15?

I'm guessing those aircraft were loaded with a full compliment of 8 missiles and some external fuel. They would probably be able to fly as slow as 160-180 comfortably, if needed. Slower than that would be an option, they'd just have to use alot of AB.

Not much value in slowing down that much just to yell at this guy on the radio. If they needed to get his N number, they'd just fly a racetrack pattern and read the numbers piece by piece as they flew by. A couple of passes each just to confirm and they'd be able to pass the #'s along to whoever cared.

Since this is a discussion about AF1 and F15 breaking the sound barrier.. this thread gets moved to the military section.. a member reported this as not being a Majors topic.. I must agree.. of we go..

ClR4.. mod

One parties boot on the neck of America, for one.

I agree the only way to stop the strangling of the economy is freedom. That's kind of hard when your party's leader worships Karl Marx. People refused to believe that the bright articulate guy, even with no experience, was just a snake oil salesman.

Latest resources

Back