• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SEA Sonic booms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2 F15s burning about a small towns income just to get to a poor 152 pilot that took the wrong visual point to get home. The gobernment at work. Why don't they put in heat seakers on AF1? Wouldn't that save these kind of things from happening?

Yup.

Of course, it was the same for his predecessor and assume it will be the same for his successor. The world keeps spinning...

Agreed! ...and that's the problem. This is not an Obama vs. Bush or (D) vs. (R) argument. Both parties have their share of hypocrites who preach fiscal responsibility, etc. It's just a bunch of lip service. They won't think twice about spending our money for their own political success and the advancement of their own party's political agendas.

Fiscal responsibility died a long time ago.

Funny, the POTUS is scheduled in Miami tomorrow along with a 30NM TFR, effectively shutting down South Florida's aviation economy for the afternoon.

I agree, stay the **** home!!!!!!

I honestly don't remember, it may have been before him, but wasn't Bush the one that started this whole 30 mile TFR around presidential movements thing? Every president has campaigned using AF1, and they will continue to do it unless congress acts, which will NEVER happen, just like real campaign finance reform and term limits in congress.

Its all a secret service decision. The prez can decline it but they have a relationship and such an action would sour it pretty quickly.
I am all for no mo tfrs,...just explaining what I know of how it works.

And the vote in Nov will change little unless a new prez is willing to stare down the SS goons and restore our freedoms.

Latest resources

Back