• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wscrj

Arctic Humboldt
Man, somebody is in trouble :D

Someone violated the TFR around a certain blue and white 747 at BFI. 2 distinct, and VERY loud sonic booms were audible over much of Puget Sound about an hour ago.

Supposedly, 2 F-15's from KPDX made it to KBFI (in record time I assume) for the assist.

Somewhere near the North end of Lake Washington, in a small office, a private pilot is being "interviewed" right now by Secret Service agents.

Maybe someone should stay home, focus on their job, and quit spending our money and messing up the airspace.

Maybe someone should stay home, focus on their job, and quit spending our money and messing up the airspace.

I take it you're talking about Obama. If so, amen brutha. No need for him to be up here campaigning for Patty Murray. If he feels so inclined, maybe he should do it on his own dime.

I am sure you know this, but all travel by PROTUS, or any other politician that are deemed for campaign and not part of the running of the country are paid by those using or requesting the service.
Basically they cover the cost they would incur for a first class ticket for the same flight. Crazy, I know, but they do pay something.

At least this is what I was told by a former campaign rep. :eek:

Gee, the cost of a first class ticket... It's not even a fraction of a drop in the bucket for what it takes to mobilize the POTUS for such events.

bet the cost of that first class ticket was blown/exceeded before engine number one on the f-15 was even finished spooling up.

I do not argue that. As I was told, that is the cost the country takes for defending the office of PROTUS.

This is the same cost they bear for the presidential campaigns.

Gee, the cost of a first class ticket... It's not even a fraction of a drop in the bucket for what it takes to mobilize the POTUS for such events.
Yup.

Of course, it was the same for his predecessor and assume it will be the same for his successor. The world keeps spinning...

Latest resources

Back