• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Scumbag cargo company Hall of Shame

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amerijet International is the scumbag airline of South Florida with jet service to Central, South America and the Caribbean.

I won't stick up for Ameristar, but unless you flew at Saber you really don't need to be piping up. That was hands down the most fun I've had in my flying career.

I wasn't into spending my weekends helping RL work on his back deck or helping him around the house and sitting around drinking beer all night, so I didn't quite fit in, so my tenure there was brief.

I wasn't into spending my weekends helping RL work on his back deck or helping him around the house and sitting around drinking beer all night, so I didn't quite fit in, so my tenure there was brief.
Funny stuff. I almost forgot about the old RL extracurricular work for water ski program. The get off the chain gang excuses used to get pretty creative. When were you there?

My vote is for Ameristar, heres why.

Now wait a minute. I think nominations should be justified with some specifics such as, but no limited to:

1. Crewmember attrition
2. Quality of training
3. Scheduling
4. Maintenance, quality of aircraft, cleanliness
5. Pay problems (slow pay, no pay, etc)
6. Trustworthiness and ethics of company leadership and supervisors, response of DO to operational problems, recognition of Captain's authority, etc.
7. General quality of crew force (alcoholics, marginal pilots, willingness of chief pilot/DO to enforce standards, etc)
8. Commuting (quantity/quality of jumpseat agreements, etc)
9. Dispatch/Flight Following competence and support
10. General morale among crew force
11. Quality of ACMI contracts (if applicable)

I'm sure you can think of many more criteria.

1. They cant keep pilots. FO's are bailing early to take paycuts at the regionals. 121 guys are bailing to way better companies.
2. Lacking. "works good, lasts long time" is not an answer to a legit question about the landing gear.
3. Poor. Pilots are not paired with guys on the same rotation sked's forcing musical CA's and FO's on the weekends. ='s airlining around instead of flying
4. Dirty run down old planes that get written up for the same things all the time.
5. Fleet, nuf said.
6. Ha, what a joke. Not going to touch that, but its not good.
7. good pilot group, thats about it.
8. sucks for 135 guys. no cass.
9. some are ok. the rest you need to really pay attention to what they do. only a few are licensed dispatchers, rest are just flight followers and have no responsibility for the flight or to the pilots.
10. really low. fav topic is "where are you applying?"

Three words: Ghetto Trans Air

Commonly known as GTA

Or also known as "Get There Alive"

Any takers?

Last edited:
Along with Amerijet; Arrow Air, Tradewinds, Focus Air, And I can't remember the rest. they all seem to primarily gather in S. Florida.

Latest resources

Back