Screws are put to Mesaba AGAIN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JT8D said:
Definite comprehension issues on this thread.

Man, no kidding.

We just got the word from the negotiating commitee that scope is the #1 issue. NWA has it's demands, but the NWA MEC is sticking to its guns to retain flying above 60 seats. Anything less than capturing that flying, on one certificate, with one pilot group, will result in a "major confrontation" with the pilots.

Put simply, in deference to many here, this is a strike issue.

Nu

Nuguy Jt8,

Your falling into mgmts trap nicely. You will bid for the flying at some terrible low rate. Then mgmt will take that low rate to a outsourcer and ask can you beat this. And of course they can you are only succeeding at screwing the profession more. No way will NWA put you in 50 seaters. No way. I wish they would set a precedence by giving you all regional flying - but giving you all the levarage in the next pilot negotiations would be crazy. The only way to control a union is massive amonts of out sourcing. All Bankruptcys have involved MASSIVE AMOUNTS of outsourcing.

If we do not learn from the mistakes made in the past we will be condemned to repeat them. Wise up Nuguy and Jt8 you are digging your own graves.

NuGuy

That is great news. I really hope that your union leaders do stick to this plan. I have always believed that big airplanes at commuters is bad for all. However, a strike is what they want (mgt). They got it with the mechanics by the laying off over half proposal and the FA's and rampers are next. Unfotrunately, they will go after the pilots too.

sf3boy said:
However, a strike is what they want (mgt). They got it with the mechanics by the laying off over half proposal and the FA's and rampers are next. Unfotrunately, they will go after the pilots too.

Thats fine. Sentiment from the pilot group is "bring your best game".

Are they going to run an airline with 500 hour Uber wonders from Gulfstream? Nope, a pilot's strike is liquidation.

Giving in to what management wants is to shrink to a 2500-3000 pilot group, which is ripe for picking off at the next stop down the road. Today's stop is the DC-9. Tomorrow's is the 319/320. The MEC sees this.

Funny that the America West/USAir merger had a fair bit of insourcing. I mean, I don't see any 100 seaters at either right now, but they seemed to get that flying.

Jimmy boy, we don't want your 50 seaters. Those you are your jobs, for better or worse. It's time for the next battle, and to draw the line. Besides, don't you read Boyd? It's day is done.

Nu

Nuguy says "Funny that the America West/USAir merger had a fair bit of insourcing. I mean, I don't see any 100 seaters at either right now, but they seemed to get that flying."

maybe he didn't get the memo....lets see, mesa flys 90 seaters for america west and us air added lots of 70 seaters to its feeders....

good luck fellas!

schmitty

NUguy - hello mcfly-

USair had to kick its pilots off of the E-jets and chataqua took over. The only reason MGMT is still paying into the pension plan is to not pi$$ off senior pilots.

All they have to say is let us change this here scope thing to read 90 or 70 seats and we will still pay a fair portion of your pension - if you don't let us we will have to drop the pension. Who do you think Mark Mclain runs the union with - is it junior guy or 747 cpt senior old man. Of course they will give you a cock and bull story about how they tried to get flying back but in the ended it just didn't work out.

If you commute get ready to ask the skywest or mesa pilot for the jumpseat on his 70 seater. This stinks but if NWA's MEC doesn't change its strategy this will happen!!!!

dondk said:
Crystal clear... Did not think NWA pilots would sell out for $60 bucks a hour. The days of regionals will gone and the days of majors will be gone to. If a mainline guy is willing to fly a 50 seat for $60/hour. That is lowering the bar...

You did..

AA

NuGuy said:
Jimmy boy, we don't want your 50 seaters. Those you are your jobs, for better or worse. It's time for the next battle, and to draw the line. Besides, don't you read Boyd? It's day is done.

Nu

I don't fly a 50 seat airplane. I have had to DH on some. Mine has 34, 33, or 30 seats. I really wish you all the best, but the dinosaurs want to keep their pensions that don't fit into today's economy in any industry and that means goodbye junior pilots.

Last edited:
News Flash

XJ MEC to hold a meeting with themselves Friday morning and to meet with XJ management Friday afternoon. The MEC says the company has not given them any hint about the content of the talks, but the MEC has been asked to sign a confidentiality agreement. Bad news always happens on Fridays... MM

Latest resources

Back