• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Scott Crossfield's C210 missing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
84 -- he had a good ride. Still, this is very sad news. He takes a lot of aviation history with him.

Chuck Yeager's accomplishments pale in comparison to those of Scott Crossfield. We've lost a giant in the field of aerospace research and development, as well as a terrific guy (I met him once many years ago).

Godspeed.....

81horse...I think he left a lot of history behind him......Truly a SAD day for aviation tho....to think he survived an X15 explosion and flight at the edge of space, and so many unknown flights where nothing was certain...A TRUE HERO for all of us to be proud of.....
Mister Crossfield.....GOD's Speed and tell my dad HI!

He died doing what he did best at age 84. There's hope for the rest of us yet! God bless you Scott, and thank you for your contributions. See you on the other side!

RIP - cleared direct.

[FONT=arial, helvetica]I'm reminded of a quote by Charles Lindbergh. All though the circumstances aren't the same, the spirit and attitude still is. Scott died doing what he loved most - flying.

[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]"A man can criticize a pilot for flying into a mountainside in fog, but I would rather by far die on a mountainside than in bed. What sort of man would live where there is no daring? Is life itself so dear that we should blame one for dying in adventure? Is there a better way to die?"
— Charles A. Lindbergh
[/FONT]

Helluva pilot, scientist, engineer & researcher.

In my personal mental pantheon of great pilots I envisage Crossfield at the top, suited-up and standing in the desert next to the X-15.

Quite an enviable life he led...

Lazy B's quote "Cleared Direct"

Best thing that could possibly be said to the "MAN" of aviation.

Amen

Hung

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back