Scenic Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kawasumi_Kichou said:
...the air conditioning blew from the back of the cabin forward, guaranteeing that the pilots caught every flavorful aroma...

...combined with the essence of Tiger Balm.

Kawasumi_Kichou said:
Technicolor Yawns always smelled sweeter to me for some reason in the -6 as opposed to a 207. Maybe it was the mix with the Jet-A fumes that did it.

One downside of YR's -6's was that the air conditioning blew from the back of the cabin forward, guaranteeing that the pilots caught every flavorful aroma.

In retrospect, it was kind of a dumb question. I flew the Twotter for meat bombs and I remember all the wonderful oderific smells that would come forward when the jump door was opened. Yum.

For those of you with some experience at Scenic, do they consider sim time when looking at hiring minimums?

I've got about 425 total flight time, about 200 hours level d sim time.

Jim said:
I don't have a clue how they pick and choose who to interview

Not to quote you or anything but......

The effort taken to hand deliver a resume to the North Vegas airport, and a good looking resume with all the pertinent information on it, far outweighs the online app. I have gotten many friends jobs at Scenic and not one filled out the online app. If you want to look the same on paper fill out the online app. I have been there when they print them up and you are much better off walking in your resume!

Sean -
There is a difference between one of the current pilots handing in a friend's resume and someone without any connections getting an interview. Both Johns (CP and Training) have told me they like the online application and want it submitted online. When they get a resume, they than go to see if there is also an online application completed too.

Mynameisjim -
I do not believe they will count the sim time. It is not flight time.

BossHogg -
I disagree, the Otter will teach you a heck of a lot. Don't understimate the aircraft. The Otter can be quit an handful in crosswinds as previously mentioned. Having also flown more advanced aircraft with FMS and all the other bells and whistles, I will say hand flying an Otter into ELY on a VOR/DME (including arc) to minimums with 20 to 30 knots of crosswind and an icy runway was a lot more difficult. I did it more than a few times last winter. Also did more than a few ILS to mins with nasty crosswinds at GCN last winter. FMS and flight directors can make competent instrument pilots out of anyone - hand flying raw data builds skill. Plus turbine PIC is turbine PIC.

Kawasumi_Kichou -
The a/c and fan might blow from the rear of the cabin, but the vent windows in the cockpit can make a pwerful breeze that will blow all smells back into the cabin where they belong. My main worry is the pax in 1a or 1b will lean forward, miss their bag and hit my flight bag.......

Ah, so that's the technique. Never once did I try opening any cockpit windows when we had self-loading cargo on board. And yes, I too have had the wonderful experience of cleaning up a toxic spill (never knew a little girl could puke so much) in 1A... :)

Jim said:
BossHogg -
I disagree, the Otter will teach you a heck of a lot. Don't understimate the aircraft. The Otter can be quit an handful in crosswinds as previously mentioned. Having also flown more advanced aircraft with FMS and all the other bells and whistles, I will say hand flying an Otter into ELY on a VOR/DME (including arc) to minimums with 20 to 30 knots of crosswind and an icy runway was a lot more difficult. I did it more than a few times last winter. Also did more than a few ILS to mins with nasty crosswinds at GCN last winter. FMS and flight directors can make competent instrument pilots out of anyone - hand flying raw data builds skill. Plus turbine PIC is turbine PIC.

Uh ok sir. However, I do recall that the approach speed is something like 65 knots (it has been a while so please correct me if I am wrong). Hardly the speeds to perfect your flying abilities don't you think?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back