• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Scenic Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I noticed on Airlineapps.com that it seems most of the hired have a degree, can you shed any light on how critical this really is at Scenic for a hopeful future FO?

Thanks

ILStoMinimums said:
Try to get in the Twin Otter if you get a job there. That airplane is an experience of a life time.

Yep the twotter is a blast to fly. I flew jumpers in one for a few months and it was a blast. Used to get some pretty decent cross winds (only had one runway) but it was never really a problem. I love the way it handled just like a big 172. We used to compete to see who could land it the slowest and keep it on one tire the longest in a crosswind. Alot of fun.

FlyWithSean said:
Hand delivered resume is the way to go. When you do it online they all look the same once they are printed. The online resume is very long and involoved also.
But the Chief Pilot likes all the info from the online application. So do it both ways (traditional resume hand delivered, walked in or faxed PLUS complete the online application). A bit of advise, follow the online application instructions exactly. Don't complete the online application than print it and fax it. Submit it online. The other way goes straight to the trash - and many do it.

JRSLim said:
I noticed on Airlineapps.com that it seems most of the hired have a degree, can you shed any light on how critical this really is at Scenic for a hopeful future FO?
We have pilots without degrees. I can think of at least four without trying too hard.

I think they are trying to get away from résumés entirely and go with the on-line application. I think the website says that only on-line apps will be accepted. At any rate, in any job search, the application is the first test of an applicant's suitability. The first phase of the interview process, if you will.

If the applicant can't follow instructions on the application it sorta sets the tone.....

For all you Scenic guys and gals:

Sound like some fun flying that you do, and I apologize for the thread hijack. I fly out of VGT, and in the past week or so, I have noticed a Saab 340 on the ramp. Anyone know the story on that thing? Thanks for the info...

Maybe someone could verify but I think it's flying overloads for Vision.

In BSing with the Vision boys it turns out that its someone who knows the owner that just needed a parking spot. They do have 1 or 2 Dornier 328 propjobs doing some contract work for them. Man Ill never understand that blue interior. I love the look of those and the DoJets otherwise though...

mrkopaj said:
I think they are trying to get away from résumés entirely and go with the on-line application. I think the website says that only on-line apps will be accepted. At any rate, in any job search, the application is the first test of an applicant's suitability. The first phase of the interview process, if you will.

If the applicant can't follow instructions on the application it sorta sets the tone.....

Good info thanks. I filed out the online app, but at some point I had gotten linked to Airlineapps.com and filled one out there as well... that was about four months ago and I haven't been able to figure out how I got to that site frrm Scenic.

Does the puke smell as bad in a Twotter than planes like the 206 or 402?

Technicolor Yawns always smelled sweeter to me for some reason in the -6 as opposed to a 207. Maybe it was the mix with the Jet-A fumes that did it.

One downside of YR's -6's was that the air conditioning blew from the back of the cabin forward, guaranteeing that the pilots caught every flavorful aroma.

Latest resources

Back