Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

COOPERVANE

Member since 1967
Why isn't there more of an outrage about the scabs replacing the NWA mechanics out there?

Why aren't the NWA pilots at least picketing in protest/support? much less walking out.

If they are successful, this will be the first time a major airline has replaced a major workers union (that I can think of) with no repercussions, but higher earnings

This to me, is setting a MAJOR precident if NWA succeeds in it's tactics. ALPA will be next and we all know it!

If Skywest awards ALL future RJ deliveries to Skywest instead of ASA because of lower "cost structure" there will be no merger of lists needed. ASA pilots will move on and Skywest Execs will have "FIXED THE GLITCH"

NWA, find OTHER ways to save money

and

RAISE TICKET PRICES!!
RAISE TICKET PRICES!!
RAISE TICKET PRICES!!

NWA is just doing what it has to do and the replacement mechanics are doing what they have to do to put food on the table. You would too in the same situation.

So what if SCABs are working? What are you gonna do about it? Kill one? Yeah right. Throw a brick at their car? Now you're being a decent human being. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I'd ever cross a picket line. But you know, if the pilots walk the line too, do you think there'd be a NWA for much longer? How smart is that?

i love the whole line of thinking "i don't think i would ever..." "what should they do, maybe it is ok--" "it's not that bad" "hey, it's a job, right?"

scabs.

call them replacement workers and say it's ok, no biggie. if it helps.

fbt

If it means the end of your airline, but the possibility better work rules and pay for whomever hires you, would you do it? The problem with seniority is that it perpetuates this type of behavior. Starting all over somewhere else is what keeps those NWA pilots minding their own business.

I love 410's avatar - thats a pisser

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't all the other labor groups at Northwest agree to concessions except for those represented by AMFA? If that is true, I can see why other groups aren't striking in sympathy.

410dude said:
NWA is just doing what it has to do and the replacement mechanics are doing what they have to do to put food on the table. You would too in the same situation.

There is other ways of putting food on your table. Being a pilot isn't the only job out there, and even God knows, it isn't the highest paying one either.

It's pansies like you who say "we have to put food on the table" and accept piss poor wages. Have fun flying what ever you do. Get ready for your next pay cut because you have no guts to stand up to your company.

Latest resources

Back