Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Q400 not a turboprop??!!??

Sig said:
As BillySurf would be quick to point out: We're a turboprop op, nothing more, nothing less.

The Q400 is a 70 seat turboprop and would fit into this category. . . .

i'm sure there is some desire by the mainline peoople for super seniority obviously, but they sure as heII they aren't gettin it,
the mda guys could and rightfully should flow back to their original positions, thats the point of a flow through, but no one wants any 'super seniority' even most of the mda guys i know aren't/wouldn't want that....
there was a union message the other day stating that there was nothing other than what was previously agreed to in the original restructuring agreement in the works...

check6 said:
The Q400 is a 70 seat turboprop and would fit into this category. . . .

Rog. WTF am I talking about? It's a perfect match for us. DeHavilland is going to flip out at the impending order!

Except for the fact that it's a Q400 that costs somewhere between 24-25 million a copy, money that ain't gonna be spent here (as in here, the place I work) for a long time. That just fo' the airframe. Something tells me there might be other factors involved, but I might be wrong (GECAS, footprint, some simulated flight training device or somesuch, lease vs. ownership vs. CASM vs. bottom line vs. standing fleet and again vs. bottom line).

But you're right. It is in the same category. That and several dollars will buy you a cup of Starbuck's.

Dash8 said:
i'm sure there is some desire by the mainline peoople for super seniority obviously, but they sure as heII they aren't gettin it,
the mda guys could and rightfully should flow back to their original positions, thats the point of a flow through, but no one wants any 'super seniority' even most of the mda guys i know aren't/wouldn't want that....
there was a union message the other day stating that there was nothing other than what was previously agreed to in the original restructuring agreement in the works...

YOU ARE THE MAN. I will quietly step outta my seat if they come back as we all KNOW it should be.

sig, exactly, we ourselves would only want the same thing if we left under the auspices that we could come back upon furlough,
not be above anyone we weren't above before, but back to our relative positions... its really only fair....
i do'nt have an upgrade at risk (since i'm still an fo) but i do have a fairly cushy fairly senior position in base, schedule wise...

Not tryin to ruffle the feathers, but when I left PDT 2 years ago, the biggest rumor going around that was suppost to be "FOR REAL" was that DHC had come to SBY and gave a deal about the Q400, 1 mil up front for each 400 they wanted, no payments for a few years, and the pilot training for nothing because it was just transition training so PDT could use their sims. The planes for cheap up front, payments later, and they would pay the transition training. You guys remember that?

C.C.

yeah, they did the same thing at alg, and at the time, crystal city wasn't buyin the deal, cause 'no one wants to fly props' and 'usair will be out of the turbo prop business in 2008' well now they lost out....

HP is smart enough to figure out what a deal they would be, but snooze, ya loose....too bad for us and Tempe

Dash8 said:
sig, exactly, we ourselves would only want the same thing if we left under the auspices that we could come back upon furlough....

Yup. And I'd honor an agreement faster than you can say, "Upgrade? Schmupgrade!"

But the words ain't in place, on paper, and signed. I've said it a hunnert times: I'll beat feet to the street with an agreement.

I think that's the prevalent attitude here. Beers on me iffen I ever fly with you after you upgrade. Every single ALG pilot I've flown with has already been dealt a ration of $hit, yet every one of them has been a riot (save one, and you know who he is, and we don't need to mention his name). I need to get to bed. I've had 4 4-days with two off btb, and the fiancee is hornier than a New Orleans funeral.

Poor me. :)

well it is written, all the i's weren't crossed and t's dotted, is the problem, and those guys all left under the impression it would be, now they got hung out to dry (or are in the process of it) but it doesn't matter, i'd say odds are all of them wouldn't come back, yeah some would, but i highly doubt all of em would, so it would'nt be that huge of an impact in the long run, kinda like when they integrated us alg guys, for how long was there a huge uproar about how alg guys were going to screw everything up for the pdt guys, and what, like 150 of us were all that were left when the merger was completed? and most of us stayed in our respective bases...

Latest resources

Back