Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dash8 said:
well it is written, all the i's weren't crossed and t's dotted, is the problem

Yessir, that's the problem. The tabled "agreement" from the bigger MEC is krap, though- and I doubt anything will be resolved. Ever. This will be at the cost of MDA guys, PDT pilots, etc. far into the future.

Just my opinon:

If the ALG/PDT pilots could flow to MDA with their seniority we have to allow the MDA pilots to flow back to PDT. Although I would be quick to add a few restrictions i.e.

1. The MDA pilot must have come from either ALG or PDT.

2. The MDA pilot must be furloughed from MDA and not just wanting to return to PDT to get away from MDA.

3. The MDA pilot must bid for an open position, not flow back and cause a current pilot to be furloughed from PDT.

There may be other restrictions that should be considered as well.

What makes you guys so sure that if we do allow the MDA guys/gals to flow back to their original positions, that mainline MEC would still keep the flow agreement with PDT MEC? We are all just shooting ourselves in the foot with this flow back agreement if mainline doesn't put something in writing to promise keeping the flow/up agreement! I have no problem with people flowing back from MDA IF mainline keeps their end of the bargain. This is an ugly situation that is only going to get uglier!

Ooops...

Who was in charge of the whole MDA deal and never got the terms signed the way they should be? My heart goes out to everyone there that is losing a job. Unfortunately, every decision you make in this industry is a crapshoot. That was a chance everyone should have known going in. I hate to see people out on the street, but I hate to see other people penalized if they were to come back because these pilots took a chance.

ceo_of_the_sofa said:
10 old Air Wisky Dashes, or so I thought. That, and Q400s sometime after :crying:
Air Wishly -8's where of the ~906 era, i hope they are still not around... After AW had them i think that Mesaba flew them after. Wiskey had the 328's most recently. left the property in 03-04.

bl

Latest resources

Back