Say it ain't so, ZW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dirty Sanchez

I have heard from two sources (Dell, the guy with the sim used during the interview, for one) that Air Wisconsin has joined forces with Regional Airline Academy in Deland, FL to obtain pilots.

The program at RAA, the same school involved in Colgan PFT, costs an extra $25,000 and the 700 hour TT, 100 hour ME pilot leaves with a CRJ type. Then on to the Air Wisconsin interview, where the sim portion will be waived.

Why would Air Wisconsin go this route when they probably have hundreds of resumes on file from people with 135 or 121 experience?

WTF?

I generally put more stock in rumors from those with a higher number of posts. (no offense DS).

I don't think Air Wisco would even stoop this low.

A word of caution about this school and ones like it. After reviewing their website, it strikes me as similar to the now bankrupt Airline Training Academy (The owners scammed millions from students before filing and fleaing).

It's probably legit, but if I were looking at this kind of program I would only look at the ones owned exclusively by the airline.
Mesa's program is a good example. Comairs program is a bad example. IMHO.

DS

Your rumor startled me and be it that I was sitting in the crew room inATW I walked down the hallway to ask the training department about it. They had no idea what I was talking about. The only thing that they could think of was that in the last class two guys with about 800 hours bought types in the CRJ at our CAE facility down in DEN. Trained by our instructors. They were given special consideration as more of an experiment thatn anything else. Thats all I know.

regards DD

Sorry about the few posts, I just registered. I have been visiting the site for awhile. I was told this when I interviewed last week. Is that credible?

crashpad said:
I generally put more stock in rumors from those with a higher number of posts. (no offense DS).

Crash I wouldn't judge some ones post solely on how often they actually post! I very very rarely post here but feel that I have a good grasp of what is going on in the industry. That said I'm neither agreeing or disagreeing with the validity of the original posters comments.
I could say since you have only been registered on this site for 9 months your posts have no merit.....
Cheers, Prost, Salute!
Happy St. Patty's Day

Last edited:
RAA

I can tell you that it is true !!! RAA sends you to Denver for a CRJ type rating after you attend RAA for some sort of 20 day program. After they pass the type ride they are sent for a interview with either CO-EX or Air Wisconsin. A f/o that I flew with today told me about this. He has two friends that just started instructing at RAA. He knows of atleast 2 pilots that have gone to Air Wisconsin for interviews in the past couple weeks. It seems RAA has to come up with other ideas since Colgan is no longer pft.

Hope that helps answer some questions

Why would Coex care if somebody bought themselves a CRJ type? Last time I checked, they were an all-EMB fleet...

Did I miss something somewhere or do you not have to have an ATP to have a type rating? Which, last time I checked was 1500tt. It sure was when I got mine.

Well I guess I should have said express jet no coex. You do not have to have 1500 to get a type.

Sinca3 said:
Crash I wouldn't judge some ones post solely on how often they actually post!
Cheers, Prost, Salute!
Happy St. Patty's Day

Sinca, that's just my opinion on validity of rumors, I'm not judging DS. Most of my posts have no merit....I would agree.

Happy St. Pats from a fellow Irishman

DS;

Yeah man, if someone told you in an Air Wisco interview, I'd say that's credible...unfortunate, but credible. Funky avatar, I gotta get one of those! I'm off to search now.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back