• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Saudi

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I jump seated on an Emirates 777 about a year or so ago. Both the pilots were "foreigners" to that region. One guy was from Australia and the other guy was from England.

They both were paid very well to relocate and the salary and quality of life for them and their families was excellent.

They were living in the UAE not Saudi Arabia and the UAE is more liberal from what I understand.

I wouldn't mind working in the UAE or Saudi Arabia. Those are two countries in that region that are pretty safe.

The whole reason I left my rather well paying job with a major American carrier and restarted my life in the middle east was due to the general racist attitude and xenophobia people in the United States exibt towards Arabs. Even third generation Americans like myself.
Living in Saudi is not perfect. I agree, some of the local customs take some gettign used to. My wife is not happy about not being able to drive. However, we do get nice benefits from my new job with a VIP, including her being flown out commercially to join us on long trips.
My children are enjoying a world-class english-speakign education, as they never learned arabic from eithe rof this. My 16-year old son misses football, but does not miss his coach publicly telling the rest of his team that "people like him" were to blame for Sept. 11. Nor do I miss 2 Capts calling in sick on the same day, or snide remarks about "Rashid the Raghead"
I am immensely proud to be an American, as was my father and my grandfather. But until things settle down in the US, I'd rather be in Saudi Arabia than be subject to the toment myself and my family went through after 9/11.
So my honest suggestion is, take the job in Saudi. The money is good, the country is nice. Just don't knock the locals because they are different.

Last edited:
An honest reply

Hi Expat
I know exactly how you feel. During the desert storm conflict i was a captain at a major airline and was also made the but of jokes from "small minded" & arragant Americans who really didn't know or think about what they were talking about, ( more like kindergarten kids on the playground) Never-The-Less 10 Plus years later & we are in the same or similar senario again. And again they brush aside all their University education and life experieces to jump on the Xenophobia and Racist bandwagon!. If that's what gives them an orgasim then more power to them!!!
The fact is that America is for the first time in its history filled with people like me and you WHO ARE BORN IN THE USA!!! but as such don't fit the profile...i.e NONWHITE/BLOND HAIR BLUE EYE !! who are actually the "new Majority" and are now the convient scapegoat for the innate childish beheavior by these same "college educated sons & daughters of the Republic".
Like you this is my home and I LOVE THIS COUNTRY!!! but like the African Americans before me we are denied that right!!...
I have like you moved on with my life and though i still live here i have chose to make charge of my life and remove..that negative element!
And i have found that there are places that you can go and make allot of money and not have all the necessary baggage of the "American experience".
In my travels throughout Europe, Aisia , the Middle east and the Caribbean I have met many different people who lived through WW2 and they "ALL" tell met the exact same thing that "America Today" has become more & more like Europe in 1938 when Hitler
came to power and the Socalist policies of "The Third Reich". which were firmly embraced by the "ARIAN" Citizenry......
So as they say"Hind sight is always 20/20.

Cheers

TAZ!!

Blah Blah Blah

Whatever you guys say still doesnt change the fact that 15 of the 19 hijackers (I cant remember the exact numbers) were Saudis. The rest were also of middle eastern origin. Two wrongs dont make a right. We did nothing to provoke such a cowardly attack by Rashid and his bunch. Maybe we (the USA) are not perfect it still doesnt give people the right to kill 3000 innocent people. Thats something that the bleeding heart liberals have a hard time understanding.

If you dont like it here leave, I will be very happy that you did. Theres no reason to stay here if you dont like it. This is the greatest nation ever on this planet, we enjoy more freedoms here than just about any country in the world.

I do fully support the backgorund checks of all people of middle eastern, persian, and arabic descent. It has to be done to make this country safe again for my children to live.

Sometimes I read things on this board that just make me cringe.

After reading B-J-J Fighter's post I've thought long and hard about how to respond and feel that mere words can't even begin to convey my disgust towards him.

My earlier post

What did I say that made you cringe? I guess the truth does in fact hurt sometimes. I dont see anything wrong with my post.

Expat and TAZ:

I have nothing but respect for the Arab-American pilots that I know, and who stuck it out through difficult times here, and I have no doubts about their loyalty. I would gladly work with any of them, and I have not heard any of my fellow pilots say anything different.

You two clowns, however, do not fit into that category. Maybe the pilots at your carrier were reacting to you differently because of the way you handled the situation- and in running off to Saudi Arabia, and bad-mouthing us form a distance, you pretty much proved them right . . . . . . .

Excellent Post

Ty you hit the nail on the head. Someone comes over here to enjoy the freedom we have here and then they run back to Saudi to bad mouth the US. Do me a big favor and the rest of us loyal americans, please dont come back, its a much better place with you 2 gone.

Expat and TAZ,

If the opinions of Ty and Blow Job Fighter are typical of the treatment you received in the US, I'm sure that you are far better off living in another country. Please try to ignore them.

Latest resources

Back