• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SATSair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right on. Thanks Brett. Your quote bracketts got all messed up in your post above but I got the jist. I fly over Easly all the time enroute to Anderson. You're right near the most beautiful foothills in upstate South Carolina. If you like white water kayaking then you should go get a Perception kayak there in Easly. That's where the plant is and they give some darn good discounts if you show up there. Also, take the drive up into the mountains on that highway that takes you to Toxaway N.C. from Wallhalla S.C. Some of the most scenic driving ever with some massive waterfalls once you get up in there. I know that territory like the back of my hand.

Charlie Foxtrot. Florida's weather is great but the living in North Cuba leaves a lot to be desired. You can get the low down on my "South Florida" thread at PPW. Plenty of great pics too!

Last edited:
Right on. Thanks Brett. I fly over Easly all the time enroute to Anderson. You're right near the most beautiful foothills in upstate South Carolina. If you like white water kayaking then you should go get a Perception kayak there in Easly. That's where the plant is and they give some darn good discounts if you show up there.

Charlie Foxtrot. Florida's weather is great but the living in North Cuba leaves a lot to be desired. You can get the low down on my "South Florida" thread at PPW. Plenty of great pics too!

Saw those--
Hey, spent a year flying around GMU/GSP-- indeed, very beautiful flying !! Greenville's a nice place to live, as long as you're not involved with the BoJos--LOL

BoJOs?

-LAFF

...are those who attend Bob Jones U. Yes, the place that can't build a cast iron perimeter fence high enough for their liking, the place that always decorates for Christmas with (only) white lights, and the same place that asked the State of SC to allow their guards to carry automatic weapons during the "civil (rights) unrest" of the 1960's...or so I'm told.

...are those who attend Bob Jones U. Yes, the place that can't build a cast iron perimeter fence high enough for their liking, the place that always decorates for Christmas with (only) white lights, and the same place that asked the State of SC to allow their guards to carry automatic weapons during the "civil (rights) unrest" of the 1960's...or so I'm told.

yip.........it's ALL true!!

Oh...Thanks...

-LAFF

Funny you mentioned Bob Jones University. That is one scary place but all the folks I've dealt with in the aviation dept have been extremely nice and hospitable (just a little weird though.) They are a hard core fundamentalist baptist very expensive private university that has a huge aviation program to create mission pilots which means the students get their A&P too. They do not allow interracial dating, no holding hands on campus, and male/female interaction is allowed only in certain areas. I heard they just accepted their first black student ever quite recently. President Bush has always made stops there on the campaign trail BTW!

I actually took my instrument checkride there. They have a DE that is the closest and most afforadable to Hendersonville NC (0A7) where I trained for the rating. When I instructed at Hendersonville I had to send my students down to GMU for a "BoJo" checkride. I had no choice. That's what the boss wanted. The DE is a good guy but he will hand you one of those silly "Do you know if you're going to heaven or hell?" pamphlets if you shoot the ******************** with him long enough.

Whoops! Thought I was over a PPW for a second there. Can't cuss here dadgumit!

Funny you mentioned Bob Jones University. That is one scary place but all the folks I've dealt with in the aviation dept have been extremely nice and hospitable (just a little weird though.) They are a hard core fundamentalist baptist very expensive private university that has a huge aviation program to create mission pilots which means the students get their A&P too. They do not allow interracial dating, no holding hands on campus, and male/female interaction is allowed only in certain areas. I heard they just accepted their first black student ever quite recently. President Bush has always made stops there on the campaign trail BTW!

I actually took my instrument checkride there. They have a DE that is the closest and most afforadable to Hendersonville NC (0A7) where I trained for the rating. When I instructed at Hendersonville I had to send my students down to GMU for a "BoJo" checkride. I had no choice. That's what the boss wanted. The DE is a good guy but he will hand you one of those silly "Do you know if you're going to heaven or hell?" pamphlets if you shoot the ******************** with him long enough.

Whoops! Thought I was over a PPW for a second there. Can't cuss here dadgumit!

Yes, you speak the truth-- I attended school there for two semesters-- worst year of my life!! And the DPE you speak of-- had a problem with female folk wanting to fly for anything other than the mission field. He didn't like me too well.....
BTW-- they do allow interracial dating, but each student has to get a signed permission slip from their parents before proceeding--
Wasn't my cup of tea- but that was a long time ago and I've forgotten alot about the whole experience...almost.

Latest resources

Back