Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

deadstick

Pucker Factor: HIGH
I friend was asking about this company, but I had no info. Any good/bad/ugly experiences out there? The only thing I have seen is that they are always looking for pilots.

Did the search and found mostly old info. Also, seems their time requirement shot up. He emailed the ad (dtd 10/7) to me with 1500TT min, ATP, etc, and now (dtd 10/9) climbto350 has it at 2700TT (for a single!). Did something happen?

Thanks.

Last edited:
The 411 on SATSAir@GMU

I friend was asking about this company, but I had no info. Any good/bad/ugly experiences out there? The only thing I have seen is that they are always looking for pilots.

Did the search and found mostly old info. Also, seems their time requirement shot up. He emailed the ad (dtd 10/7) to me with 1500TT min, ATP, etc, and now (dtd 10/9) climbto350 has it at 2700TT (for a single!). Did something happen?

Thanks.

Unless this outfit is COMPLETELY DIVORCED from RHINO Aviation,you are better off moving on to the next prospective employer.

Also keep in-mind that this Cirrus SR-22,may have a very modern panel, but it is NOT certified for known-icing under PT.135.The parachute equippment on this aircraft is NOT a guarantee against DEATH,although the company will say it is.

Good Luck!!!

SATSAir cont'd

Pilots at this outfit must sign a PFT contract for $6500.00.(unless things have changed most recently).The training is NOT worth this amount!!! we are talking about a SE-land aircraft.About $1500.00 is more like it!!!

Last edited:
SIC in a Cirrus??????

It's Oct 11. Not April 1. Is that for an SR22 SIC check-out?

Put the Kool-Aid down!!!This is a SE-land aircraft with a crew of ONE,which indicates PIC under PT. 135.
Try reading the reg's,you will learn something!!!

Gee, G-farce,

Somebody takes him/herself WAY too seriously. Let me help you translate...

"It's Oct 11. Not April 1."
--> "Sounds like an April Fools joke charging $6500 for a SR22 check out."

"Is that for an SR22 SIC check-out?"
--> "Please refer to above reference to April Fools Day and the OBVIOUSLY (to other people) sarcastic reference to other shadey 135 SIC programs."

"Try reading the reg's,you will learn something!!!"
--> "I have my head so far up my ssa that I can read myself. Please help me."

Get a grip.

Sic Ifr

G-FORCE wrote:
Put the Kool-Aid down!!!This is a SE-land aircraft with a crew of ONE,which indicates PIC under PT. 135.

Well here they are:
§ 135.101 Second in command required under IFR.

Except as provided in §135.105, no person may operate an aircraft carrying passengers under IFR unless there is a second in command in the aircraft.

§ 135.105 Exception to second in command requirement: Approval for use of autopilot system.

(a) Except as provided in §§135.99 and 135.111, unless two pilots are required by this chapter for operations under VFR, a person may operate an aircraft without a second in command, if it is equipped with an operative approved autopilot system and the use of that system is authorized by appropriate operations specifications. No certificate holder may use any person, nor may any person serve, as a pilot in command under this section of an aircraft operated in a commuter operation, as defined in part 119 of this chapter unless that person has at least 100 hours pilot in command flight time in the make and model of aircraft to be flown and has met all other applicable requirements of this part.
(b) The certificate holder may apply for an amendment of its operations specifications to authorize the use of an autopilot system in place of a second in command.
(c) The Administrator issues an amendment to the operations specifications authorizing the use of an autopilot system, in place of a second in command, if—
(1) The autopilot is capable of operating the aircraft controls to maintain flight and maneuver it about the three axes; and
(2) The certificate holder shows, to the satisfaction of the Administrator, that operations using the autopilot system can be conducted safely and in compliance with this part.
The amendment contains any conditions or limitations on the use of the autopilot system that the Administrator determines are needed in the interest of safety.

I believe the above regs indicate that an SIC is ALWAYS required under IFR, passenger-carrying ops in Part 135 unless the op-specs provide a WAIVER and ALSO list a certified autopilot in the specific aircraft, which MUST be installed and operational at the time of the operation AND must be tested and checked for use by the PIC in question prior to it's use under IFR Part 135.

That said, any passenger carrying IFR aircraft under Part 135 MAY need an SIC in order for the aircraft to be utilized for it's intended purpose. The is regardless of the Single-Pilot certification the FAA has given the aircraft.

Sorry, just trying to read the regs.

ClassG

About SIC's & use of autopilots

G-FORCE wrote:

Well here they are:
§ 135.101 Second in command required under IFR.

Except as provided in §135.105, no person may operate an aircraft carrying passengers under IFR unless there is a second in command in the aircraft.

§ 135.105 Exception to second in command requirement: Approval for use of autopilot system.

(a) Except as provided in §§135.99 and 135.111, unless two pilots are required by this chapter for operations under VFR, a person may operate an aircraft without a second in command, if it is equipped with an operative approved autopilot system and the use of that system is authorized by appropriate operations specifications. No certificate holder may use any person, nor may any person serve, as a pilot in command under this section of an aircraft operated in a commuter operation, as defined in part 119 of this chapter unless that person has at least 100 hours pilot in command flight time in the make and model of aircraft to be flown and has met all other applicable requirements of this part.
(b) The certificate holder may apply for an amendment of its operations specifications to authorize the use of an autopilot system in place of a second in command.
(c) The Administrator issues an amendment to the operations specifications authorizing the use of an autopilot system, in place of a second in command, if—
(1) The autopilot is capable of operating the aircraft controls to maintain flight and maneuver it about the three axes; and
(2) The certificate holder shows, to the satisfaction of the Administrator, that operations using the autopilot system can be conducted safely and in compliance with this part.
The amendment contains any conditions or limitations on the use of the autopilot system that the Administrator determines are needed in the interest of safety.

I believe the above regs indicate that an SIC is ALWAYS required under IFR, passenger-carrying ops in Part 135 unless the op-specs provide a WAIVER and ALSO list a certified autopilot in the specific aircraft, which MUST be installed and operational at the time of the operation AND must be tested and checked for use by the PIC in question prior to it's use under IFR Part 135.

That said, any passenger carrying IFR aircraft under Part 135 MAY need an SIC in order for the aircraft to be utilized for it's intended purpose. The is regardless of the Single-Pilot certification the FAA has given the aircraft.

Sorry, just trying to read the regs.

ClassG

The Cirrus SR-22 comes equipped with an AFCS,otherwise ,how would it be ECONOMICALLY FEASIBLE in a PT.135 operation????If the reg's say you can dispense with an SIC and substitute an authorized AFCS,then only a PIC is required.This is in pax-carrying operations PT.135,not PT.91.

At $400.00/Hr.charter rate(which is what is being charged to customers),one might be able to make a PROFIT with this aircraft.

Last edited:
In case anyone's interested in answers to the original questions:

The reason we're always hiring is mainly due to expansion and growth. We're opening new domiciles and getting more planes.

The pro-rated training contract is no more.

It's a great company; solid leadership, excellent mx, customers are thrilled and keep coming back for more and sending their friends.

Hiring mins are 1500 TT 100 night, 100 XC -- garmin 400/500 series and/or Cirrus or other EFIS experience preferred. Customer service/people skills a must!

If interested apply to chief pilot, [email protected]

Latest resources

Back