SATSair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LAF,

If you read the entire thread your question will anwsered. I do not work for the company.

Thanks...Sounds like a good job w/ good people around.

I presume dress code is business casual w/ company shirts or polos.

-LAFF

Is anyone ever hired below the 1500? I want to apply as well and wondering if I had to wait. I would like to apply sometime in spring '07 and will most likely have only the 135 mins. Would they let me take a plane back to my home (AVL) only 45-50 nm north from the GMU headquarters?

Wishful Thinking

John---No and NO! They want way more experience doing IFR flying, GPS skills, experience around Class B airspace and there is NO WAY you take a plane anywhere for personal reasons unless you pay for it---as an employee you DO get a reduced rate to rent it for personal use. Asheville would never get a plane cuz GMU is too close...

John---No and NO! They want way more experience doing IFR flying, GPS skills, experience around Class B airspace and there is NO WAY you take a plane anywhere for personal reasons unless you pay for it---as an employee you DO get a reduced rate to rent it for personal use. Asheville would never get a plane cuz GMU is too close...

It might come as a suprise, but some people have plenty of IFR, GPS, and high-density airspace experience when they only have 1200 hours of total time. High total time does necessarily equal higher experience.

The SR22 I flew two years ago with the then-new Avidyne cockpit was more automated and had better electronic situational awareness than the CRJ.

Well, what is Satsair looking for in flight hours / experience?

-LAFF

Not sure if this is helpful, but about 8 months ago I tried to apply with them (to get out of a really bad job)-- I had 2400 hours and 350 of those was in an SR-22; I had 1700 hrs or so SE time and another 6-700 hours in King Airs, Citations, twin cessnas etc.......so, not to discourage anyone, but I honestly don't know what they are looking for-- needless to say, I never heard anything--

That's odd Charlie Foxtrot. Maybe find out if they have any women up in there and if not make a call to the EOC. If you had all that time plus time in type why the hell wouldn't you get a call?

Originally Posted by FlyingSkip

Geeze man! Maybe the FAA will create a new set of minimums for the SR-22 and just throw the old 135 mins out. They must be useless!!

I certainly did not suggest using their aircraft for personal reasons. I was only thinking about earlier posts:
1. Got hired in my home town. SATS hires to the base instead of uprooting people and shuffling them around.
Can you explain this a bit more? You go t hired in your home town because you were lucky enough to live somewhere an aircraft was "hangared"? Or do they place an aircraft where the pilots live?

Is the location of aircraft listed anywhere?

I already knew where I was moving and it just happened that their main base was 30 minutes away; (Greenville). The way they hire is they decide they need a pilot in X town and they advertise, "we need a pilot in X, or within 60 minute drive." You pick up a plane in Greenville, and take it with you to your home base until it's due maintenance again, then you are scheduled back through GMU again and you return it for a fresh one.

Thanks for giving me an answer. It does seem to contradict the quotes I posted above though. What's the deal on this?

That's odd Charlie Foxtrot. Maybe find out if they have any women up in there and if not make a call to the EOC. If you had all that time plus time in type why the hell wouldn't you get a call?

I think we have two females now and one that left about a year ago.

Geeze man! Maybe the FAA will create a new set of minimums for the SR-22 and just throw the old 135 mins out. They must be useless!!

I certainly did not suggest using their aircraft for personal reasons. I was only thinking about earlier posts:

Skip is right, AVL is probably unlikely because it's only a 20 minute deadleg for us. You could drive to GMU from AVL though if it's no more than a 60 minute drive time. I live in Easley, 25-30 minute drive to GMU. Right now there are no openings in GMU and most of the expansion is at the fringes of the service area.

Thanks for giving me an answer. It does seem to contradict the quotes I posted above though. What's the deal on this?

Good luck!

- Brett

Nah.........got a good job now anyway-- I think it probably had to do with me not "living" where they needed me already-- but not too sure-- How's Florida?

Latest resources

Back