Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Salary for a corporate pilot in this case...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tell us where you're based...maybe someone knows of another outfit looking.

I'll admit, the helo rating is a nice perk, but I wouldn't condiser it (the training) as part of your compensation package.

Putting your personal financial position aside, unless you've done a TERRIBLE job for your employer, a SIGNIFICANT raise is in order and it sounds like YOU need to get the ball rolling. Find a few salary surveys and get to work.

Should you go to the owner before you talk to the CP, then you must realize it will strain you relationship with the CP.

I agree. Talk to your CP, if that doesn't do the trick, go up the food chain.

Treetop

you know, your after tax comment has me confused too. 33000 after taxes could mean you are making in the 50's. Depending on state taxes and your tax brackett. I don't know, but it sounds to me like you are whining about a situation that is your own fault, 7 years is a long freaking time

Someone once said, "You don't get paid what you are worth, you get paid what you negotiate!" Which is the same as saying, "you deserve what you put up with." I'll leave the seven years of no raise banter up the other bloggers. Go to a book store and get a book on salary negotiations. This will give you the ammo you need to get yourself a raise.

If the owner of the aircraft also owns a company, and I assume he does. Have the other employees in the company received any raises in the past seven years? Has the Captain you have been flying with had a raise in seven years (I bet he has, he is just not telling you, because like the others said he's a D-bag)?
If the owner can not afford to give you or his other employees even a Cost of Living increase, perhaps he really shouldn't be flying around in a Beechjet.

Last edited:
You need to look around for another job, then when you have your ducks all lined up, ask for more money. If they decline, then walk. There are way too many jobs out there! Let us know how it went.

Ouch.

points taken -constructive or otherwise

moving right along...

Let's just say the loyalty issue is of paramount importance. This isn't JUST about flying and there are numerous factors that I won't go into.

As for the ones touched upon, I'm sorry for being vague. Let me be a little more specific:

You are correct in that the cp keeps things under his thumb and makes no hint as to what he brings in salary wise. However the cp has mentioned that he has gotten a raise, but it was 7 years ago when I came on. The cp formed the flight dept 12 years ago and I'm his 3rd FO. The flight dept is small: The CP and myself.

I have received an annual increase for every year I've been here.

Sorry about the after taxes remark -that doesn't make much sense. I make $57,000 a year period. We fly an average of 130 hrs a year. Not married, no dependants. Living in TX.

I was typed in the Beechjet 400 in March of this year. The company was in the market for helicopter so they began my training in an R22. They finally purchased a Bell 206 and I completed my training in the 206 back in July of this year. Like the Beechjet, it is used for company pt 91 purposes. Same situation as the jet with not much stick time.

The CP knows that I intend to talk to the boss and actually offered to talk to him on my behalf. I told him thanks but that I needed to talk to the boss myself. But you're right, going behind his back wouldn't have been the prudent thing to do.

There have been no contracts signed at any time during my employment.

The pilot survey is my next step. Thought I'd give this a shot and get some feedback.

I hope this offers a clearer picture.

thanks in advance.

Good luck with the owner.

It may be that the company only alows for an SIC, and not 2 PIC's. If that is the companys position and now we know that you have gotten cost of living increases, then I do not think they are out of line at $57K. It sounds like the position simply has no room for advancement. This is the reason I lost my last Co-Captain of 6.5 years. He was paid on book scale as a PIC and we also only fly 125 hours per year, but he is young and there was nowhere for him to advance his career. He got a great opportunity, gave 2 months notice, left in excellent standing with the company and we still use him as a back up pilot to this day. This is how you may need to handle your situation. Do not burn a bridge. You were very wise to get your CP's support.

Have you asked the CP why you cannot fly legs?

You might gain some insite as to his mentality. Either he is a control or there is something else there that you are missing.

Latest resources

Back