Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Salary for a corporate pilot in this case...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The cp is basically insecure about someone taking his job, and keeping the FO's experience down, keeps the threat down. He's an ex fighter pilot so he's use to doing everything himself anyway. Maintaining a low, non-agressive profile with the cp (despite what he does or doesn't do) keeps things on an even keel -remember I have to work with this guy. This is more common with small flight depts than people realize. Recently he has been giving me every other leg so better late than never. I just hope this this becomes the norm rather than the exception. But again, the aviation side of it is only part of the big picture.
I'm glad someone out there sees it. Maintaining a loyal relationship with the boss is again, of utmost importance and I believe that all this will end up playing out in my favor. Let's just say that there are other non-aviation business oportunities with the company that look VERY lucrative. It's been worth the wait. Again, I'm merely asking for some advice on asking for a raise. It wouldn't be wise to go in there unprepared. A good majority of people in these forums have gone through this experience. I'm just trying to tap some off this knowlege.
I've already gotten a 2007 salrary survey for both fixed and rotor wing. My goal is to go over the numbers and come up with a figure that I think is fair to me, and won't insult the boss. Man, there is a lot of data there! The book on negotiating is a great idea. Any book in particular?

I'm planning on visiting with the boss this week.

thanks in advance.

The cp is basically insecure about someone taking his job, and keeping the FO's experience down, keeps the threat down. He's an ex fighter pilot so he's use to doing everything himself anyway. Maintaining a low, non-agressive profile with the cp (despite what he does or doesn't do) keeps things on an even keel -remember I have to work with this guy. This is more common with small flight depts than people realize. Recently he has been giving me every other leg so better late than never. I just hope this this becomes the norm rather than the exception. But again, the aviation side of it is only part of the big picture.
I'm glad someone out there sees it. Maintaining a loyal relationship with the boss is again, of utmost importance and I believe that all this will end up playing out in my favor. Let's just say that there are other non-aviation business oportunities with the company that look VERY lucrative. It's been worth the wait. Again, I'm merely asking for some advice on asking for a raise. It wouldn't be wise to go in there unprepared. A good majority of people in these forums have gone through this experience. I'm just trying to tap some off this knowlege.
I've already gotten a 2007 salrary survey for both fixed and rotor wing. My goal is to go over the numbers and come up with a figure that I think is fair to me, and won't insult the boss. Man, there is a lot of data there! The book on negotiating is a great idea. Any book in particular?

I'm planning on visiting with the boss this week.

thanks in advance.

I know alot of CP's are like that, especially in small flt depts. It's a shame, really.

I agree with the above. Good luck with your decision and let us know how it goes!:beer:

To those who share with optimism and support:

Thanks! You're advice is greatly appreciated. I'll let you know...

God Bless.

p.s.

Floyd rules!

Okay, I should have read to the end. The Floyd rules comment gave it away. I got punked...
BTW Floyd does Rule.

Floyd most definitely rules!! :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back