• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Salaried CFI jobs??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I work for St. Louis University. All of the fulltime flight instructors are salaried. Free full benefits too.

I flight instruct out of Flagstaff, Arizona its not salary but I would say slow months are around 1100 bucks good months around 1500. Theres obviously better to be had so check cost of living before you take a flight instruction job somewhere... definatly wont be getting rich doing this.

I believe PanAM out if Phoenix may run some of their operations under Salary pay but I know its not much.

Airman (when they were open) did salary their CFI's...not much though.

The jobs are out there...just gotta look HARD.

-mini

I think pretty much any collegiate 141 program will have full time flight instruction staff on salary. That's how it goes down at SLU and SIU.

Purdue's full-time instructors are salaried, I think mid 20s but not sure. Next to no ability to instruct multi students there though, professors who instruct (primarily to keep current) and the "lifer CFIs" (there 3+ years) get the ME work.

Try Sabena Airline Training Center out of Scottsdale. They are definitely salaried with health benefits. They operate late model warriors,archers,arrows, and Seneca V's. I believe they want you to have at least 200-300 hours of dual given. Give'em a call. Nice people. Also in the PHX area, there is Lufthansa Training Center out at Goodyear.....not 100% sure if they are salaried, but i would think that they are. Hope this helps. Oh BTW... most of Sabena's equipment does have air conditioning so summer wouldnt be AS bad....still sux though. Lates

American Flyers salaries full time CFIs, plus medical and paid holidays; after 1 year full-time, there is life insurance and 401k.

Latest resources

Back