Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pgcfii2002

"Uh....oh yeah...&quo
Anybody know of schools that pay a set salary, versus hourly for flight instructing?

Also, how is Double Eagle in Tuscon, AZ? Anybody instruct for them?

Very, very few. I recall needing a post on climbto350.com about an outfit in NC that paid $1200 a month salary.

A busy CFI can do better than that.

A school around here pays salary plus per hour pay. A few years ago the salary was $1500/mo + $15/hr billed instruction. I believe it is now down to $500/mo + $8/hr billed. Pretty pathetic...

Damn, I was hoping to pick up my MEI somewhere and teach full time at some point next year.

Sierra academy out of livermore, CA paid $28,000 for basically Mon-Fri, with some nights, but that was 7 years ago and I'm not sure if they still have the Korean Air contract or not. Also back then there was another operator out of Napa,Ca that had a salaried op as well.

It was a long time ago, but it maybe worth looking into.

http://ifta.aero

Probably the ultimate professional instructor job if you want to go to the airlines.

You will be teaching All Nippon Airways and EVA Air students private through multi.
The planes are better than most airlines with Raytheon factory maintenance.

It was $36,000, free healthcare, $5 cafeteria meals (even sushi!) back in 2001.
I'm pretty sure they have lowered the pay in the meantime...

You'll need your A-game for the written, interview and interviewflight in a Bonanza.

Cheers
George

GeorgeTG said:

Probably the ultimate professional instructor job if you want to go to the airlines.

You will be teaching All Nippon Airways and EVA Air students private through multi.

You'll need your A-game for the written, interview and interviewflight in a Bonanza.

Cheers
George

looks awesome

Some_Other_Dude said:
Sierra academy out of livermore, CA paid $28,000 for basically Mon-Fri, with some nights, but that was 7 years ago and I'm not sure if they still have the Korean Air contract or not. Also back then there was another operator out of Napa,Ca that had a salaried op as well.

It was a long time ago, but it maybe worth looking into.

I did my time there as well ('01-'02), but Heitzburg was able to pump the Koreans for $30,000 per year for his boys by the time my sentence was up. Sierra lost the contract to Pan-Am and the program moved to Florida I think.

JAL trains out of Napa that pays the biggest cash (around 45-50k), but most guys there are career and I think they require an ATP. IFTA down in BFL paid fairly well, but you'll be living in hell...

IFTA is in a hiring frenzy; they are doubling their student load inside of the next year. I interviewed there about 3 weeks ago. Pay is 2940/month after 6 months and just under 40,000 after 12 months. A 2 year commitment is required.

The written test is straight from the CFI written including a fair amount of FOI questions. They give you the power settings and approach clearance before you arrive so you'll be ready to roll on the Baron Sim. Regarding the sim, there seems to be about .5-1 second lag between control inputs and aircraft movement--really easy to overcontrol it. I pretty much did steep turns across a localizer when I flew it. If you go in there showing them you want to be there and know what you are talking about, they will likely offer you a job.

-Jeb
GeorgeTG said:

Cheers
George

Small FBO

I instructed at an FBO in Sun Valley, Id and they paid/still pay salary. I think it was like 1300$ a month plus I ended with I think 30$ a flight hour on top of that. Good money, but it's in a ski resort so the cost of living is outrageous. I think they hiring, look them up. Hope it helps

Latest resources

Back