• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Salaried CFI jobs??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm about to post our new Full Time ad here in a little while. Our monthly salary is $2400, check back in about a week for the official ad!

Check out ATCA (Luthansa ) Phoenix area. The last I heard the pay was at least mid forties per year. Great outfit and aircraft. Also check out Sabena, ( SATC ) they moved from Scottsdale to Falcon field in Mesa, they also pay decent and have good planes.
FYI stay away from Chandler Air Service, a real group of losers.

Check out ATCA (Luthansa ) Phoenix area. The last I heard the pay was at least mid forties per year. Great outfit and aircraft.

I missed this little gem.

ATCA is not exactly known for being a "great outfit" and many of their Bonanzas have nearly 20 THOUSAND hours on them.

There is also no multi time.

I would highly recommend staying away from these people.....if you want more details, PM me or ask ACATerry.....he used to work there and knows the scoop.

Interesting to see this year old thread get bumped and see how much things have changed in only a year. There are quite a few schools offering 40k+ salaries now.

I instruct out of KFUL and average take home for me is around 3k per month after taxes (could work more but i still have school and another side gig). Some instructors there reach 40-50 with a packed student schedule. Most of us can average a 10-12 hour work day, and we just like everyone else don't have enough instructors but plenty of students.

I instruct out of KFUL and average take home for me is around 3k per month after taxes (could work more but i still have school and another side gig). Some instructors there reach 40-50 with a packed student schedule. Most of us can average a 10-12 hour work day, and we just like everyone else don't have enough instructors but plenty of students.

How is it, especially in California, that you're not making at least as much as the "packed schedule" instructors if you're taking home $3K a month?

Money!

At 12 months thats only 36 after taxes (i just look at the take home because thats what i see). So i guess to sorta answer your question, im guessing top cfi's make 50-60 a year here. I'm just careful about my scheduling and make sure i don't get burned out, plus i love having a personal life.

When I left American Flyers I was salary at 2750 a month. Took a pay cut at my first year at Eagle.

Latest resources

Back