• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SAAB 340 vs. other regional props

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It has it's quirks, but I kind of miss the 'ol Swede!

I have flown the Saab 2000 for 7 years. Would of been a great corporate aircraft if Saab would of been flexible with their marketing. Load it with 43 pax, (50 max) 2500lbs of cargo, 9000 lbs of fuel, 365 kts TAS, about 3-3.5 hours endurance (1100nm), FL310 max. Avionics are great, but would like Collins to upgrade a few things (1995 era). FADEC, EICAS, PMU, 1100 PRPM for t/o and 950 PRPM climb,cruise, descent. No prop levers.

Heyas,

Bah, those J31s, J41s and newfangled 1900s are just too high tech for a real man.

Real men fly Metro's, Beech 99s, Twotters or "Dorks" (Dornier 228).

For a manly experience, fly a 99 (preferably a A or B model)...why have accelerate/stop charts when accelerate/slow is good enough? I mean, the airport fence will stop you if you slide off the end, right?

Nu

1900s are not too hi-tech...it's still a pilot's airplane...none of this automation or GPS in any of ours....it's all bad-ass old-school hand flying...and we fly it like we stole it. Dash 8 1/2/300s and the Saab ain't got ********************e on us. Beeches outclimb all of the above, and certainly own the terminal area. 240 to 4 miles out? no problem.

plus: our Beeches are so worn out and twisted they all fly differently on from day to day...5 or 6 MEL's??? nothing out of the ordinary....the beech is half-broke all the time, and carries it's fair share of ice...gotta love the poor old girl.

D328 is still the hottest and best TP out there. I know a few people who flew them and they all give rave reviews - fast, advanced, good looking on the ramp. I know Vision Air out of North Vegas still flies a few to the Canyon and Phoenix. Nice EFIS package up front too - great glass experience for a prop.

D328 is still the hottest and best TP out there. I know a few people who flew them and they all give rave reviews - fast, advanced, good looking on the ramp. I know Vision Air out of North Vegas still flies a few to the Canyon and Phoenix. Nice EFIS package up front too - great glass experience for a prop.

Guess you haven't seen the Q400's Glass! At that time the D328 was great airplane, but it doesn't come close the the Q400.
Check out the website! Its basically a TurboJet Airplane with Props. It has some pretty impressive numbers for a Prop.

www.q400.com

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back