S Turns in a 737

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nptguy said:
Do airlines use this ,or is this just for smaller airplanes? I would think it would be eaiser to go missed approach, instead of scaring the passengers to death.

How do you know they scared the "passengers to death"?

Were you onboard that aircraft, or were you the little weasel sitting off the approach end just trying to capture "film at eleven"? Judging by your post... I guess the latter.

Other than the fact the camera was unable to accurately show the aircraft distance to the runway, and it may give the "appearance" of being tight, but it looks to me like they did a great job, and nothing in that maneuver was nothing that does not happen from time to time if the situation dictates.

How about we leave the flying and decision making to go around or not up to the Pilots flying the aircraft... you know... the ones who are at the very front and can see the whole picture.

nptguy said:
I was neither , who blew you in the parking lot !

Your mother did, but I thought we were discussing your apparent attempt to be the expert in video analysis and Airline Operations.

Looked pretty tame to me. Only nitpick I might have is that he went wings level in the flare and drifted a bit right due to a pretty stiff crosswind (check the flag in the tower in the beginning of the video), then again I really wasn't there and have never flown the 737.

A good x-wind will make approaches like this look goofy from the ground or out the passenger window. I've done similar approaches in biz jet, a few narrow body jets as well as in 767-300's and a 777 and yes it is normal as long as it can be considered a stabilized approach.

I have never had anyone in back come up to the cockpit after arrival and ask for a refund of the $50 bucks that they paid for the leg :D

Come to ATL and see S-turns all day long!

BTW... If he was doing the Xway Vis to 31 as the caption says, he was probably not doing an S-turn. Not much room for S-turns there.. Unless of course, you consider the turn from the Xway around the stadium to final an S.

Last edited:
nptguy said:
Meet me at the swing set 3 o'clock. Dude get laid, post if u wish , this is my last one.

Thanks guys , thats all I wanted to know. I learning something new everyday

Apparently emotional security, maturity, and grammer were not on the list of things learned today.

Well.... you take care now, and it was great to see you finally go away like this.

That was a normal LGA Expressway Visual- he just overshot final!

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back