s.r. 65 implications

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pilot yip

who do you think is in charge of the unions...the new guys?

do you think the opinions of the youngsters get equal play time to the old bags?

if union xyz is in favor of a change to s.r. 65...doesn't mean all pilots in that union think it's a good idea...more likely that the old funks who run the union think that it's a good idea.

retards

sorry old men, I fly with old guys a lot of them are "cool" and can still land an aircraft (makes me sweat when they splash it into the ground) but 65?, give me a break. Its time to hang that sh$t up man. Really after 45-50 the FOs workload X2 making sure you still know what U r doing. Let it go old man, let it go. I for one im sick of watching my grandpa scare the hell outa me. please DEAR GOD NO!!!

mnalpha said:
sorry old men, I fly with old guys a lot of them are "cool" and can still land an aircraft (makes me sweat when they splash it into the ground) but 65?, give me a break. Its time to hang that sh$t up man. Really after 45-50 the FOs workload X2 making sure you still know what U r doing. Let it go old man, let it go. I for one im sick of watching my grandpa scare the hell outa me. please DEAR GOD NO!!!

And it is good to have a young healty F/O to carry my walker for me. It is hard to get it in the overhead bin.:smash:

cyclone, you mean majority rules, my gad what a concept

mnalpha said:
Really after 45-50 the FOs workload X2 making sure you still know what U r doing.

And what about all those years (Captains workload X3) we were wipeing the milk off you chin when you just got hired keeping you out of trouble!

My, how one forgets where they came from.................................

Jim Smyth said:
And what about all those years (Captains workload X3) we were wipeing the milk off you chin when you just got hired keeping you out of trouble!

My, how one forgets where they came from.................................

Jim: I didn't particuliarly like that persons post either, but really, where did you come from? Your entire career has benefited from pilots before you retiring at 60. Do you think all FOs should feel lucky to fly with you? Are you so wonderful that we should all be delighted to be your subordinate for another 20%-25% of our total careers? Because that is what it is! It is not simply additional years of service at this point, it is only more time in a subordinate position. In the case of senior FOs, we are definitly having to work harder than the guy in the left seat. Conversely, what is it for you? Five extra years to laud your captain's position over everyone.

no like congress

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back