• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ryan International

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who are most of the Capts here? Were they ex Delta pilots who retired early before the BK?

1. I haven't been at RD since 2007, so things could have changed
2. I was a non-pilot flt ops employee

That being said, the vast majority of Captains at Ryan had been with the company for quite a few years. Quite a few had moved from the 727 over to the 'bus or 757 when those showed up on property. Varied backgrounds as I don't recall seeing a mass entrance from one particular company.

Of course, as I mentioned, things could have changed quite a bit in the past few years.

Who are most of the Capts here? Were they ex Delta pilots who retired early before the BK? What are the schedules like at Ryan? Do most people commute to Rockford? Are the pilots happy? Thanks.

Yes. All PIC's are ex-Delta pilots. Only an ex-Delta pilot could possibly fill those captain slots.

They also hand out candy canes and gum drops every Friday.

Now get off your parent's computer.

Do you guys know if Ryan is hiring, and what kind of schedule they have.

Thanks
I know they just hired 4 guys for the mad dog and management types for the 777. I see hiring picking up by summer.

You can bid scheds ranging from 7/7, 9/9 or 16 days at once. The scheds always change per bid period which is a 56 day line.

I know they just hired 4 guys for the mad dog and management types for the 777. I see hiring picking up by summer.

You can bid scheds ranging from 7/7, 9/9 or 16 days at once. The scheds always change per bid period which is a 56 day line.

So, is Ryan getting 777s as well as Omni? Is that confirmed (Ryan)? How many planned? It makes sense since there are a number of ageing 777s out there from the mid-1990s that still have some life in them. Doesn't surprise me that Ryan would want to add them if its competitor Omni is getting them as well. Too bad pay is craaap at both.

How many people will Ryan hire this summer? Would most newhires go to the MD?

Hiring right now for the mad dog and the 767. They are getting (2)777's.
So, is Ryan getting 777s as well as Omni? Is that confirmed (Ryan)? How many planned? It makes sense since there are a number of ageing 777s out there from the mid-1990s that still have some life in them. Doesn't surprise me that Ryan would want to add them if its competitor Omni is getting them as well. Too bad pay is craaap at both.

How many people will Ryan hire this summer? Would most newhires go to the MD?

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the "mad dog"?

Some people call Douglas Aircraft Company products, built after McDonnell came into the picture, as "mad dog" after the marketing initials "MD" in MD80(DC9-80), or MD-10/MD-11.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back