• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ryan International Airlines is hiring DXers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't forget some Japan....that makes for a glowing day! Been doing this for 26 years....beats TPS reports....and I wasn't able to land that interview for the Walmart greeter position....

It's great, especially with exceptional cell phone service... ;)

If I offended anyone when I mentioned Japan and glowing, sorry. I'll probably be sending flights over to that part of the world and will be watching out for the crews.
That being said, I can understand Dispatchguy's comment about "reinventing the wheel". Every airline has processes (for that matter everything we do in life is a process). I have yet to see a process that is perfect. There are hiccups in every process, and sometimes when that happens someone decides to change the process without accepting that hiccups happen. Now if the process is having the reoccuring hiccup, yes, by all means change it. But if it's just one of those things that just happens once in a blue moon, sometimes it's best just to accept it and go on. I've had proceeses change where I'm at now because of a hiccup, and in my prior life I've had procees change because of the same reason. It's just part of life and you learn to roll with it...

All this talk about glowing over Japan and I just saw this come across the printer. This is something you dont see every day...

[FONT=&quot]
ATCSCC ADVZY 009 DCC
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]03/19/11[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RADIOACTIVE CLOUD ADVISORY
RJJJ SIGMET 1 VALID 190330/190730 RJTD-
RJJJ
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]FUKUOKA[/FONT][FONT=&quot] FIR RDOACT CLD FCST WI N3714 E14047 - N3709 E14102 -
N3714 E14116 - N3725 E14122 -N3737 E14116 - N3742 E14102 - N3737
E14047 - N3725 E14041 - N3714 E14047 STNR INTST UNKNOWN.

[/FONT]

The "cloud" isn't moving. It is a 30 KM sigmet around the reactors. Every sigmet I have seen has been the same. Honestly, I don't even know why the Japanese are putting this thing out. There is a prohibited area around the place that ls also 30 km.

We have been operating in and out of Japan since the whole thing unfolded, with no problems.

The "cloud" isn't moving. It is a 30 KM sigmet around the reactors. Every sigmet I have seen has been the same. Honestly, I don't even know why the Japanese are putting this thing out. There is a prohibited area around the place that ls also 30 km.

We have been operating in and out of Japan since the whole thing unfolded, with no problems.

YET.....

Ever heard of the downwinders?

Latest resources

Back