• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ryan International Airlines is hiring DXers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They do a lot of the same type of flying we do and I can tell you this... I learned 100's of times more information at a place like Ryan than I ever did pushing releases at a regional.

If you want to do some really different than just daily out and backs, and release flights to some really interesting (and not so interesting) places than this is a great gig to learn some great stuff. Never did I think I can show up to work and then release flights to Tegucigalpa, Havana, and Gitmo all in the same day. Not to mention all the obscure military airports out there as well.

Good chance to learn some ETOPS and military operations as well.

Last edited:
One of the things I'll always say about my time there was that if there's a strip of pavement 5000' long, anywhere in the world, we either went there or tried to go there.

Hauled around all sorts of sports teams, U2 and Sting on various tours, Beyonce and Jay-Z for her birthday bash in NAS, the Queen of Swaziland, a Georgian princess, White House Press Corps, the Saudi nationals on the charters out of the US after 9/11 among other various groups. You will plan, request permits for, and execute trips around the world. ETOPS flights are pretty much SOP. Flights from the mainland to HI are as run-of-the-mill as DAL-HOU. Very rarely will you ever have two consecutive days with the same flights. Variety-o-plenty.

Last edited:
Oh, and one of the more interesting charters we had was an Italian family from NYC chartered a 757 (at ~$7600/hr) to fly four family members and a deceased family member (in a casket, of course) back to Italy for the funeral/burial. I'm thinking it was 10 hrs each way, plus they paid to have the crew/plane stay in Italy for 2 days until they were ready to return. Now THAT is some money.

Like other said you will learn alot there. Applied there back last year and took a tour seemed like a good place. Pay could be more for the work you do but it is inline with other carriers of its type. Best thing about a job like this is everyday is something different.

Did it for 10 years and still love it. I get bored with the same flights everyday. Give me the South American, Russia and Africa flights. With a sprinkle of Europe please.

Last edited:
Did it for 10 years and still love it. I get bored with the same flights everyday. Give me the South American, Russia and Africa flights. With a sprinkle of Europe please.

Don't forget some Japan....that makes for a glowing day! Been doing this for 26 years....beats TPS reports....and I wasn't able to land that interview for the Walmart greeter position....

Latest resources

Back