• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RVSM with no Autopilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
no unless you tell the controllers that you are not rvsm and get a unrestricted climb to fl430

We have a Citation Ultra without a working autopilot and yaw damper. Can we legally operate in RVSM airspace? Altitude selector and flight director work. What's your take? Thanks.

You know dude, there is this book called the FAR's and another book that you probably got when your jet was cert'ed for RVSM that you may want to crack (ie; open and READ), before coming on here and asking DUMB questions. I also think the AFM may have something to say about hand flying at 430, but I could be wrong. FYI, the AFM is another book in your plane, it kind of comes in handy on occasion, or maybe you ignore it.

There is an old saying that that says something like, "It is better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are an idiot, then to open it and remove all doubt." I believe that applies to your question. Possibly one of the dumbest things I have seen posted on this board.

You know dude, there is this book called the FAR's and another book that you probably got when your jet was cert'ed for RVSM that you may want to crack (ie; open and READ), before coming on here and asking DUMB questions. I also think the AFM may have something to say about hand flying at 430, but I could be wrong. FYI, the AFM is another book in your plane, it kind of comes in handy on occasion, or maybe you ignore it.

There is an old saying that that says something like, "It is better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are an idiot, then to open it and remove all doubt." I believe that applies to your question. Possibly one of the dumbest things I have seen posted on this board.

Lighten up Francis, no need to be hostile and insulting. Just a simple question for the professionals out there. I asked 3 pilots and got 3 different answers at the local airport. The only DUMB question is the one not asked . I guess you have it all figured out already though...

Lighten up Francis, no need to be hostile and insulting. Just a simple question for the professionals out there. I asked 3 pilots and got 3 different answers at the local airport. The only DUMB question is the one not asked . I guess you have it all figured out already though...

Professionals pick up the books and try to find the answer themselves, therefore reinforcing what they learn. And yes I had it figured out, because when RVSM came into effect, it directly effected what I do for a living and since I didn't want to get violated I READ about the rules that govern said RVSM.

I still don't know why you didn't try to find the answer yourself instead of asking the local airport experts. And yes it is a dumb question and if you are sick of being insulted maybe next time, you will put in the 5 minutes it takes to look up a easy question, that could directly effect what you do a for living. Instead of coming onto a public web site and asking a silly question.

I think you need to bid the "home base" and get off the RNO base. You must be a prize to fly and RNO with... You know, there are plenty of Decaf brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing.

Thanks to everyone else for the answers to the original scenario question.

Latest resources

Back