Runway Incursion...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:eek:

Wow. That must have been danged close if they swerved around it at high speed. I wonder what they told the passengers? Wonder if they were able to give "the bird" to that Cessna pilot while whizzing by?

As always, rather than judge (or in Mesa's case, "mock") the response, how about try and learn something from it?

Namely, try and recognize that you're not dealing with the same level of proficiency from a Cessna pilot at KBFE vs. a commercial pilot at KORD. The FAA might consider them the same; maybe we, as commercial pilots, shouldn't.

i wouldn't think that the cessna would be at fault. they missed the turn off but they were landing, don't they have priority? and taxiway b is only about 3000ish feet down the runway, mesa was up the cessna's ass pretty quick.

I had a controlled do something like this the other day. We were at a taxi speed on the runway, but still a ways from our turnoff. The controller cleared someone else for T/O, while the runway was ours. That needs to change.

So was it IMC and visibility at like 600 rvr? Other wise this crew should have never started the roll if they could see the plane that just landed. Another great mesa story!

Maybe they thought he had already cleared the runway?

You must have eyes better than the rest of us. I for one find it hard at times to pick out light aircraft at night against a sea of airport lights.

Nice job, guys. Beers on me.

Basically, I want you to read what you just wrote to yourself. Read it a few times, actually. Now I want you to think about it... think about how absolutely stupid it sounds. Are you there yet? Okay, I'll wait...

What this guy said, x10.

Mesa sucks but this particular flight crew did a great job, 76 people are still alive tonight.

I bet even if an airliner hits a 172 on the runway going 120, the 172 gets obliterated but the airliner escapes without blowing up. Like hitting a cardboard box on the highway.

If youre on a country road and you are forced to decide between hitting a deer or an oncoming truck, you hit the deer........I'd consider plowing through a 172 instead of lifting off early and stalling OR swerving and sticking a wing in the ground. There's 50 plus of us, and only 1 of him.

I bet even if an airliner hits a 172 on the runway going 120, the 172 gets obliterated but the airliner escapes without blowing up. Like hitting a cardboard box on the highway.

If youre on a country road and you are forced to decide between hitting a deer or an oncoming truck, you hit the deer........I'd consider plowing through a 172 instead of lifting off early and stalling OR swerving and sticking a wing in the ground. There's 50 plus of us, and only 1 of him.

I don't think many people would just go straight into another airplane no matter how small.

Latest resources

Back