Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AlbieF15

Im afraid you are very correct..

I dont recall the exact words..But Herb has been quoted as having said that there will be two less majors before this is all over..

Just reading the financial data can give you a pretty good idea of who is near the top of the list..

If you want to work for SWA..Get busy...Get the type..Period..

The difference a year of seniority can make here is hard to even begin grasp when things start to happen..

But the thing that can have the greatest impact on your quality of life is timing..

Be close to the front of the wave and life is very,very good..

Short time on reserve...
Short time to the base you may want..
Shorter time to upgrade..
More money due to better schedule options..

Being the last guy out of the school house at the end of the wave can just plain suck..

Being on reserve for what may seem like forever..
Being in OAK far longer than you may want unless you happen to live there or close by..
Upgrading will be much,much longer than any of the guys in the first part of the wave..
And..Commuting while on reserve will impact your ability to earn more because you will have very limited options when it comes to moving your schedule around and picking up open time..

So..Again..If you are serious about working for what I think is one of if not the best run airlines out there..

Get busy..Get the type..Get good interview prep..Be ready when they call..

Mike

Last edited:
Thanks for the "rumor" update mike. It is always good to hear from you (and Albie).
Were those 15 planes from CAL "options" or actual planes in the production line?

Nice one!!

Mike, those are some good rumors. I was flying this last weekend and didn't hear all of those, however I did hear the rumor of 4 new cities next year. Captain said that is what was told to him in DAL from the HQ building.

I swear SWA is just like Santa Claus. They keep the best things under wrap and you can guess what it is but until that day you just don't know.

I can't stand it anymore.

Bake

Thought this was interesting....

Remember the similar announcement from Boeing earlier in the summer regarding an "unidentified" buyer? Maybe additional annoucements will follow.

Reuters
Boeing posts 5 orders for 737 jetliners
Thursday August 21, 1:20 pm ET

SEATTLE, Aug 21 (Reuters) - Boeing Co. (NYSE:BA - News), the world's largest aircraft maker, on Thursday announced orders for five new 737 narrow-body jetliners, including four to unidentified buyers, and one to Luxembourg's flag carrier, Luxair.
ADVERTISEMENT

At list prices, which are routinely discounted, the orders would be worth about $250 million.

Boeing declined to say when the aircraft would be delivered, or which sub-models of the 737 were involved. The 737 family includes four models capable of carrying between 110 and 189 passengers, depending on configuration.

Boeing has booked 151 new jetliner orders so far in 2003, including 129 orders for 737s.

The Chicago-based company, which runs its commercial jet operations from Seattle, booked 176 orders in 2002, net of cancellations, and has slashed production to match dwindling demand from airlines battered by an epic air travel slump.

Boeing expects to deliver 280 new jetliners in 2003, down from 381 in 2002, while rival Airbus SAS (XETRA:EAD.DE - News; Paris:EAD.PA - News) plans to ship 300 new aircraft, which would put it ahead of Boeing for the first time ever.

Futures so bright...

SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!

Always great hearing from ya Mike! The swim-up bar is getting ever-so-close!

Shav'r

Got to admit it is nice to see a pleasant posts! Such excitement......I remember those days. I have a lot of friends on furlough and they are all saying the same thing. I just LUV this business!!!

Latest resources

Back