Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

*Rumor* OO/EV to start "at risk" Florida flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
O.k. sorry about bringing this thread back to life but I hear ASA can expect an announcement Oct 15th about flying for United out of IAD. 5 planes will start flying in December and 10 more will be put in the system in January 2010 (only 200's). So far only 15 are to fly and not 20.

Say, hypothetically, this were to turn true (which I'm almost certain it will), explain how this will, if at all, affect the current displacements.

Nothing will change. Because ASA would have displaced and furloughed more if flying was not found for the 20 200's. What I hear......only 15 200's were going to fly for United.

O.k. sorry about bringing this thread back to life but I hear ASA can expect an announcement Oct 15th about flying for United out of IAD. 5 planes will start flying in December and 10 more will be put in the system in January 2010 (only 200's). So far only 15 are to fly and not 20.

This would be great but the 20 200s don't come out of the DL system until Spring.

I thought Jerry Atkin stated " you can't make any money with a small base". That's what he told our SLC based crews a few years back.

701EV

This would be great but the 20 200s don't come out of the DL system until Spring.

This is true, but likely a compromise during the initial negotiation on DAL's part to give ASA a fair chance to find a new home. Nothing would stop them from coming out early if both parties agreed. Remember, DAL wants less 200's in the system.

Medeco

I'm hearing rumblings that DAL might not want to cut the 200's loose after all. From what I'm understanding it was an "Option" for DAL to pull those airframes, and they may come from Comair, rather than ASA. This would explain a lot of rumblings as to why "Comair isn't going to like us in a year".

Unfortunately for Comair, the smaller they get, the more expensive they get, and the circle goes round and round........... At some point, I expect to see Comair get whittled down to the point that it's no longer economical for them to operate their fleet of 700's/900's- any guesses who will end up with them. I hate to see it, and I don't share any joy in it, but it's the way the business model is set up now. Until we, as a collective industry wide and wholey united pilot group stop it, it will continue to be like this for years to come. Shufflying flying from one carrier to another when cost gets to be an issue. Frankly, shy of a single DCI seniority list, I don't expect this to ever change.

As for the displacements/furloughs- no impact what so ever. We are set up now as though the 20 airframes weren't going away. We haven't prematurely adjusted for their parking. If we don't find flying for these airframes, expect lines, and downgrades to get far worse. Everybody is going to take a bite of the sandwich- senior to junior, if this doesn't pan out.

Latest resources

Back