• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RUMOR MILL- US AIRWAYS interested in F9

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh..you mean the part about Pan Am ALPA insiders showing up at 747 ground schools without being awarded the bid and displacing rightful bidders when they knew it was going to be wide-body current qualified pilots only to be brought over? Is that the part you mean "B-scale God King of Alaska"? How do I know?.....because of some good buds who were in several of the classrooms and witnessed the ALPA boys at their best and the ensuing chaos.....

You don't necessarily need a picket line to be a "Scab".......

You wouldn't know about these things though Fudgepacker......you were busy at the time being the squadron GOMER........

I wouldn't toss the "scab" word around too much, Mr. EAL2.

Why not? United bought Pan Am's widebody division and the pilots went with it. As a matter of fact, after the buy was announced a number of pilots specifically bid the widebody just to bail out of Pan Am.

Another CF of a union/labor debacle. Just what USAIR needs. Why would they want that mess just to integrate pilots from another airlines integrated list at there current pay rates when they could just hire new hires at $25/hr to fly the planes.

If USAIR buys the F9 birds the "what used to be" F9 pilots WILL get screwed.

I wouldn't toss the "scab" word around too much, Mr. EAL2.

Nice try Fudgepacker.....while you were busy being the squadron "Gomer", I was sitting left seat in a Singapore 747 flying to destinations you will never see at your regional airline that is called Alaska....not a bad gig while waiting for a class date at SWA.....the airline that eventually shot you down......

How is that B-scale that you lobbied so hard for at Alaska in order to prevent your 20% pay cut from becoming a 30% pay cut?

Way to negotiate Mr. ALPA God king!!!!

You are correct, Sir. So when someone says, "the pilots don't go with the planes" they are only half right. In SOME cases, that's true. In some, its not. That's the problem with making blanket statements.

I'm certainly not gonna' get into a scab discussion (your other post) with you, but I had to laugh at this one. You, sir, are one of the friggin' KINGS of making blanket statements on FI. Primarily every time you open your pie-hole regarding SWA. Don't you just love the irony here?

Bubba

Latest resources

Back