• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If any ALPA carrier starts charging for the jumpseat, that is the absolute breaking point at which EVERY ALPA carrier must take extreme action to either correct the situation immediately or close the doors at ALPA National once and for all.

-Blucher

Delta is not trying to charge for the Jumpseat like AirTran does.

AirTran doesn't charge for the jumpseat. We simply have a one-jumpseater rule, just like DAL used to have. If you're not the first jumpseater, then you have the option of buying a pass to still get on the flight. No different than how I used to have to burn an ID95 to ride on DAL when I didn't get there first to jumpseat. It still sucks, but we're working on putting unlimited jumpseats into the next contract to make sure it doesn't happen anymore.

If you're not the first jumpseater, then you have the option of buying a pass to still get on the flight.

I have been on maybe 30 Airtran flights when I was the second jumpseater and have NEVER had to pay. In fact, the Capt usually asks if I did when I check in. I get the feeling that they would try to get it reversed if I was charged. Most gate agents are just overwelmed with the crowd and want us out. Of course, it pays to be VERY nice!

Dick Gozinya

I'm still a little confused. Bottom line, the plan is or is not to charge JSters.

I JS on big D all the time to get to JFK or somewhere in between to get there. F that if I'm gonna be charged and they won't on my JS! WTF over

That is total F'n B.S.

I hope I'm misunderstanding this.

You will only be charged:

1. if you are seated in the cabin.
2 ONLY if you are currently flying for a Delta Connection Carrier and have Delta benefits.

All other jumpseaters WILL NOT BE CHARGED.

That seems fair... If you are a jumpseater from a competing carrier and riding in the back you get a free ride, but if you are a pilot who actually flies DL code flights you get the sandy-vasoline treatment. Nice.

Heard that XJT is having a "jumpseat issue" with Delta. Supposedly all DCI carriers will...

Latest resources

Back