• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RUFM up...Radical Union fundamentalist movement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilots, you don't need a union. Look at CS. You all know in your hearts it is not the answer. Go toward the light! Hahahah.[/quote]

Ignorance!
Unions are for leveling the playing field between management/owners and pilots. To me, a union is as important as good maintanence/equipment. If you have a problem with unions, then you simply are a yes man and would be willing to take it in the @$$ while the owners line their deep pockets and eat steak and salmon dinners every night in their mansions. While you bust your butt and eat TV dinners at the FBO 6 nights a week. All you need is perspective and you will know that unions have their place. One day you will be in a pickle with your non-union company and you will wish you had someone watching your back.

Speaking of steak dinners and salmon---my husband just showed me the crew meal selections for the NJ pilots. Included in the list of 7 choices was steak medallions and grilled salmon. All of the meals looked good and had it all--side, salad, dessert, etc. When the pilots prefer they can spend their per diem and buy something else, if time allows. For a free meal, I thought it looked like a very good deal. Actually, more than I'd have given them :) On those lunches it should be chips OR cookies--I wouldn't give them both. You guys are gonna need to do laps or hit the exercise room every night in the hotel if y'all eat all of that...lol

To my critics who think that I can't see both sides, this is a good example of how wrong you are. The pilots gave up the free choice to order as they pleased and NJA will be saving 6 million dollars by having standard meals. It was a smart move that enabled the company to easily raise the pilots wages. So that info should also help to calm the nerves of any "Chicken Little" out there. It is entirely possible to come up with win-win solutions to a problem when both sides approach it with respect and an open mind. That said, I'll add that management has to work with a union. The individual pilot simply doesn't have the clout to get his concerns taken seriously.

Last edited:
Well

netjetwife said:
Speaking of steak dinners and salmon---my husband just showed me the crew meal selections for the NJ pilots. Included in the list of 7 choices (plus the option of Chef's Choice) was steak medallions and grilled salmon. All of the meals looked good and had it all--side, salad, dessert, etc. When the pilots prefer they can spend their per diem and buy something else, if time allows. For a free meal, I thought it looked like a very good deal. Actually, more than I'd have given them :) On those lunches it should be chips OR cookies--I wouldn't give them both. You guys are gonna need to do laps or hit the exercise room every night in the hotel if y'all eat all of that...lol

To my critics who think that I can't see both sides, this is a good example of how wrong you are. The pilots gave up the free choice to order as they pleased and NJA will be saving 6 million dollars by having standard meals. It was a smart move that enabled the company to easily raise the pilots wages. So that info should also help to calm the nerves of any "Chicken Little" out there. It is entirely possible to come up with win-win solutions to a problem when both sides approach it with respect and an open mind. That said, I'll add that management has to work with a union. The individual pilot simply doesn't have the clout to get his concerns taken seriously.

Well, if youd just pack his lunch for him like all good subservient wives should, maybe he'd pack on less gut. No, yer spendin yer extra time on this web board spreading your union butterflies and sunshine while hes out there bustin his hump for you.

TAK- I'm afraid you're taking this Texas personification a little too far. You're like the fellow who comes into the bar looking for trouble- doesn't want a drink- just looking for trouble.

As a descendent of the original settlers of Texas, our family down there has a little different take on the pride of being a Texan. That would be to let our thoughtful, determined, rational actions take the place of a lot of useless talk and troublemaking.

But since you just can't understand the concept or the admonishment via PM to tone the rhetoric down, as one of the duely-authorized sheriffs here, you're going to have to spend some time in the Hoosgow.

BTW, I was pulling for Texas in the Rose Bowl.

So without further adieu...

Last edited by a moderator:
Shorthorn... you need to come up to her level to communicate effectively with her. Just a tip.

Last edited:
Texasskicker said:
Well, if youd just pack his lunch for him like all good subservient wives should, maybe he'd pack on less gut. No, yer spendin yer extra time on this web board spreading your union butterflies and sunshine while hes out there bustin his hump for you.

Unbelievable. Your management side shines bright and clear. I'll back up NJW as well as my wife and all other spouses carrying the load at home. They work a heck of a lot harder than any pilot, and if you were married, you'd know that. From what I read every time you post, I doubt any woman would waste their time with you. You'll have your vote if the folks in your group opt for union representation. Talk to the folks you work with to educate them to your perspective. Does no good to slam others who don't have any influence on your situation. Or is that how you get your kicks?

Pervis, thanks for the kind words backing up the wives. It is a lifestyle that makes many demands on the entire family, which is why I strongly believe that the compensation must justify the sacrifices made by an aviation family.

Texas, please wipe your feet before entering the board. You're leaving a trail of bullsh*t in your posts. I'm from Texas and the cowboys I know there are also gentlemen. If you are not a Texan, please give consideration to using another name for yourself. You could give that fine state an undeserved reputation for bad manners.

To the NJ pilots: My comments regarding the crew meals reflect nothing but common sense and a general but well-meaning concern for your health. Those of you with a small kid(s) could wrap the cookies in a napkin (from your last meal) and take them home. Sit your little one on your lap and show them the pictures of the meals you eat while you're flying. Meals are a big part of a young child's life. It will help them feel connected to your job in a simple way they can relate to. They will understand that you think about them all the time even when you're gone. Our youngest child is 4 yrs old and she looks forward to claiming her treat from Daddy. While I'm on the subject, those small trays from catering are perfect for a little girl's play kitchen. That's my cue to go clean my own. I must go earn my keep! :)
Netjetwife

Latest resources

Back