• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RSW FAs harrass FAT FA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not in any way defending harassment, but I will tell you that there is definitely a certain amount of hazing especially during your first year at SWA. As a pilot I was constantly harassed by our F/A's especially for being the FNG during my first year. They would either look at my Employee Number or my shiney new crew bags and start right in. IMO, it was completely stupid, immature, and unprofessional, but I discovered for better or worse that it is a part of the SWA culture that seems to be accepted by a majority of the Employees. Just know that everyone at SWA has experienced the same thing and that it will get better, but the first year is definitely rough as a new hire, and YES that is how AirTran Employees crossing the partition are being looked on as at this point.

That is something to be proud of......nice....one luv.

Really?? Defend a herb turd "tradition" as if they are new hires? You are too ignorant to smell the bs you are spewing!

I'm not in any way defending harassment, but I will tell you that there is definitely a certain amount of hazing especially during your first year at SWA...it is a part of the SWA culture that seems to be accepted by a majority of the Employees.
I wonder it is connected to SWA's early fighter pilot culture, that can be linked to USAFA and their freshman year hazing rituals.

Last edited:
The source of irritation comes from the fact that RSW FA training is militant. While going through training its not unusual for people to disappear, never to be seen again. They actually call them the body snatchers. Its tough training, and the FAT FAs are not getting that. They also are not getting probation which many of our RSW FAs have endured multiple times in different positions. Ive also heard because of their kinder friendlier treatment in training they are not showing an urgency to be on time at the AC. Only time will tell is we really start to treat the FAT FAs as militantly as we treat the RSW FAs.

Anybody who thinks they got hazed is just getting used to being new and not being saluted at work

Hazed? I never bought beer or many of my meals for that matter, so I guess I was hazed too. If an FA gives you a hard time about being new shes FLIRTING with you. My first year was great, it was only six years ago but the fun atmosphere was still alive and well here at SWA.

Hearing in Bwi and Mdw the FAs just getting there are being treated poorly. Especially senior FAT flying with junior RSW. It got so bad some are crying. I know u need thick skin with pax, but I guess now with those u have to work with too. Heard one rsw said to a fat that you have my dead friends employee number. Need some luv patrol at these bases I think from dal because I doubt the local supervisors will put a stop to it.

Why cant we edit titles. Dam phone.

Getting hazed by people wearing Lane Bryant Khaki Mom Shorts and white Keds. WOW.

Latest resources

Back