Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man, did you even read Lear's post?
Clearly not... :rolleyes:

Guess FreightDogFred is right. Waste of time and effort trying to get people to understand other people's perspective that they are actually living every day here.

Sorry I injected a little "reality check" to FlightInfo.

I think the drink buying is a nice gesture of good will from people who neither had anything to do with what was given to us nor have to do a d*mn thing for us. Truly.

It won't fix anything, but hopefully as feelings subside it will be seen and appreciated for what it is. A gesture of good will from folks who are just doing their job and didn't ask for any of this.

Eventually we are all going to have to row together. It's just going to be a while before we get there... Ain't nuthin anyone can do to make it happen faster.

I think the drink buying is a nice gesture of good will from people who neither had anything to do with what was given to us nor have to do a d*mn thing for us. Truly.

It won't fix anything, but hopefully as feelings subside it will be seen and appreciated for what it is. A gesture of good will from folks who are just doing their job and didn't ask for any of this.

Eventually we are all going to have to row together. It's just going to be a while before we get there... Ain't nuthin anyone can do to make it happen faster.

A-Friggin-Men!!!

Lear,
Nice post....very true.
Trying To Row faster,
-Fr8

The genuine difference I've seen lately both on this board and on the line, is the lack of cheer leading for SWA from the SWA employees. Frankly, that is the most welcome sign I have seen yet. I believe SWA has done some great things in the past. But how they choose to handle our merger has been an abomination in my opinion. I don't think they did the SWA employees any favors by creating the caustic conditions they did, then turn around and say OK you figure it out (after they created the mess). So thanks for the drinks, some of us know you are just trying to unf&$k a piss poor situation. And I'm sorry but it makes me laugh to hear SWA management address the merger of the employees and operations. They will say to your face that they wanted this to be the fastest combination possible. But then turn around and say five seconds later that getting a new reservation system and modifying their pilot/FA contracts to handle AT flying was "not a priority". It's their airline, good luck, cause we all need it.

But how they choose to handle our merger has been an abomination in my opinion.

From a corporate/stockholder standpoint, the merger was handled almost arbitration-free...a home run from mgmt's perspective....as for the bad feelings it has left in the pilot group, on both sides, and particularly the hit that will be taken at the bottom of the combined seniority list for years to come...there is no excuse...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back