Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hendrick

kamikaize said:
becareful how u bash accidents!!!! you never know who's friends died in that crash... you wouldnt want people bashing you id u died would u??? first of all it wasnt roush's ka it was hendricks. also the two pilots were ex airline pilots and had lots of exp!!! they just maid a mistake.

You must have missed the title of my post. I was not bashing anyone. I was using that mishap as an example of how some racing teams operate. Did you even read the report?

FlierDude said:
IIRC, it was an AirCam ultralight. (Hardly aerobatic.) Does JR still have the -51?

Yes.

JR is the prez of a 300 mil a year conglomerate.

Not bad for an almost dead experimental aircraft pilot.

kamikaize said:
becareful how u bash accidents!!!! you never know who's friends died in that crash... you wouldnt want people bashing you id u died would u??? first of all it wasnt roush's ka it was hendricks. also the two pilots were ex airline pilots and had lots of exp!!! they just maid a mistake.
Made a mistake? Either you didn't read the NTSB report or you are overlooking the truth because of your connection to them. That's like saying Donald Trump is a contractor. A mistake is landing without putting down the last increment of flaps on accident. Those pilots made a series of blunders resulting in the death of what, 10 people? Look man, they had no idea where they were. No idea. You call that a mistake? Not only were they lost, they had no clue they they were lost? How does that happen? In all of their experience, they failed to learn how you read and follow approach charts and verify their exact location? Is that what you are saying. Wasn't the F/O low time? They were using a NON IFR APPROVED handheld GPS for navigation in deep IMC? A mistake? No. The behavior of a professional? No. Terrible judgement? Yes.

What on earth does you knowing this crew have to do with the truth about what happened? Nobody bashed these guys. They screwed up big time, killiing several people because they did not follow several the rules and they got lost. It's just that simple. I'm sure they were good people, but this accidnet is a shining example of how not to operate any type of aircraft. Just because you knew these pilots does not take away from what happened and not wanting someone to talk about the facts does not bring them back. If you are going to bash me of writing this, fine, but please begin your retort by correcting anything I have written that is not true.

f-5 said:
MR R lives in the YIP area.....the 51 is there....

Several years ago there was a Beech Duke that sat in the FBO I worked at for a long time due to the lack of a tail after a run in with a certain wealthy business man's P-51. I didn't see it happen, but was told that the P-51 flew out the same day after filing the dings out of the prop.

I saw a magazine article, in STRATOS or PRIVATE-AIR (the mags laying around the FBO's) that claimed he and Zantop were putting together like two 727's and starting some sort of airline or charter company.

who knows really

XLDaddy said:
I seem to remember seeing one of their airplanes in Concord, NC (JQF) every time I've been in there, but don't know if they're based there just a coincidence ?

The 727s are kept over at CLT, but the rest of the fleet and the Roush headquarters are over at JQF. He flies his single pilot CJ (painted like a P51) and his P51s into JQF often.

"HAWKERFO" stated...Wasn't the F/O low time? They were using a NON IFR APPROVED handheld GPS for navigation in deep IMC? A mistake? No. The behavior of a professional? No. Terrible judgement? Yes.

nobody is over looking the truth here they made mistakes and crashed!!! the f/o was not low time and had over 3000tt and the cpt had over 10,000tt. also they werent using a handheld gps. they were flying the localizer app. since were just stating facts here...

Latest resources

Back