• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rough numbers from each proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are wrong, I go from 65% on NWA 's list to 72% on the combined list. And where r u in 5 years under both proposals? You don't think there will be a fence, even Nicalau had a fence until age 60 changed.

In 5 years? Remember we have just as many or MORE retirements scheduled than you do in 10 years. So, in 10 years you and I will have moved up the same amount, with both of our sides retiring a large amount. You like to throw out 5 years from now as a point, but forget about our retirements as well.

I do think there will be fences, for aircraft. That will benefit us since your senior pilots are on a lot of narrowbody planes, not able to bid up for widebodies thanks to the Roberts award, which is now over. Since you never did retire a bunch, or have had any wide scale displacements off of large equipment other than the DC10, you have pent up seniority itching to get onto widebodies. We have to watch that, since it isn't our job to make up for the Roberts award. Thank gawd your new manning formula will help relieve that, going to 2 Captains for flights over 12 hours, instead of 1.

And as I edited above in my previous post, apparently I can hold 767 Captain in LA right now, since a '97 hire is doing it there. You said you were on the DC9, right? There is the difference. Not making fun, just giving you some reality.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
In 5 years? Remember we have just as many or MORE retirements scheduled than you do in 10 years. So, in 10 years you and I will have moved up the same amount, with both of our sides retiring a large amount. You like to throw out 5 years from now as a point, but forget about our retirements as well.

I do think there will be fences, for aircraft. That will benefit us since your senior pilots are on a lot of narrowbody planes, not able to bid up for widebodies thanks to the Roberts award, which is now over. Since you never did retire a bunch, or have had any wide scale displacements off of large equipment other than the DC10, you have pent up seniority itching to get onto widebodies. We have to watch that, since it isn't our job to make up for the Roberts award. Thank gawd your new manning formula will help relieve that, going to 2 Captains for flights over 12 hours, instead of 1.

And as I edited above in my previous post, apparently I can hold 767 Captain in LA right now, since a '97 hire is doing it there. You said you were on the DC9, right? There is the difference. Not making fun, just giving you some reality.

Bye Bye--General Lee
01! You r simply amazing! Honestly, I hope for your sake that you are dead on with all your SLI facts! What and the hell r you going to do if you have to retire from this board after 12000 posts! I can't wait until the BS is done! Either way best of luck!

01! You r simply amazing! Honestly, I hope for your sake that you are dead on with all your SLI facts! What and the hell r you going to do if you have to retire from this board after 12000 posts! I can't wait until the BS is done! Either way best of luck!

I hope I don't have to, since I enjoy this board and the banter. As far as the BS, yes, I want it over too. As long as it is fair, that is fine with me. Now we all have different versions of fair, which is the problem. Take care.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Here's a rough wag that was posted on the ALPA forum. To date none of the numbers have been refuted. If some one has different numbers, feel free to post them.

----------Dal proposal-ratio-------Nwa proposal-doh

Top 1800---Dal 60% Nwa 40% ---Nwa 78% Dal 22%

Top 3130---Dal 62% Nwa 38%----Nwa 61 % Dal 39%

Top 5500--Dal 61% Nwa 39%-----Nwa 48% Dal 52%

Bottom 6410--Dal 57% nwa 43%--Nwa 40% Dal 60%

Bottom 3200--Dal 55% nwa 45%--Nwa 27% Dal 73%

Bottom 2500--Dal 53% Nwa 45%--Nwa 24% Dal 76%

Bottom 950---Dal 37% Nwa 63%--Nwa 17% Dal 83%

DAL brings 70% of all the wide bodied flying to the merger. Only 30% of NWA pilots are in wide bodied aircraft or 757 international categories, after the merger 44% of all flying will be wide bodied.

Last edited:
Here's a rough wag that was posted on the ALPA forum. To date none of the numbers have been refuted.

The only thing that matters is how the arbitrators see it. You or I making our case here, or believing in our respective MEC positions while thinking the other guys is smoking something means nada.

If FI is indicative of the difference in positions yet to be bridged, I cannot see anything other than an arbitrated settlement.

I'm looking forward to this all being over and it hopefully something that does not cause years of animosity.

"If NALPA/DALPA (circle one) wasn't so FUBAR and saw the reasonableness of our position, we'd have a fair SLI by now....."

Last edited:
DAL brings 70% of all the wide bodied flying to the merger. Only 30% of NWA pilots are in wide bodied aircraft or 757 international categories, after the merger 44% of all flying will be wide bodied.[/QUOTE
]

72% of your "widebodys" pay the same as the 757. So, take away the 80 767's that pay the same as the 757, and you actually only bring 31 widebodies to the table, pay wise Not that many if you ask me.

You can't propose a list based on pay then try to say that the 767 is different than a 757 even though the pay is the same. Although yourself and bi-polar boy will try.

You need to realize that we brought the 757 pay up to the 767 pay. It is realized in the original formulas we used to come up with pay rates, not the other way around.

]

72% of your "widebodys" pay the same as the 757. So, take away the 80 767's that pay the same as the 757, and you actually only bring 31 widebodies to the table, pay wise Not that many if you ask me.

You can't propose a list based on pay then try to say that the 767 is different than a 757 even though the pay is the same. Although yourself and bi-polar boy will try.

And tell us how your A330 pay compared to the 75/6 pay before all this began? What about your 757 pay?

Latest resources

Back