• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rough numbers from each proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DALPA---relative seniorty after the bottom 400 all NWA due to DC9s being smallest plane and lowest paid, plus some leaving the fleet. Delta pilots would move up 2% on average (from current relative percentage) due to those bottom 400 being all NWA.

NALPA----DOH with 10 year fence. Most Delta guys move BACKWARDS 14% in relative percentage from current location.

But hey, we are "equals......." Which of the above is closer to mirroring to that? Hmmmm.

Bye Bye---General Lee

DALPA---relative seniorty after the bottom 400 all NWA due to DC9s being smallest plane and lowest paid, plus some leaving the fleet. Delta pilots would move up 2% on average (from current relative percentage) due to those bottom 400 being all NWA.

NALPA----DOH with 10 year fence. Most Delta guys move BACKWARDS 14% in relative percentage from current location.

But hey, we are "equals......." Which of the above is closer to mirroring to that? Hmmmm.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I just took my number and the guy from delta closest to me. He ends down 5% with NWA year 1, equal year 5, ahead year 10. With DAL, he goes up 2% day 1, ends up 19% year 5 and 60% year 10.

I end up the same with NWA. Under DAL proposal, down 10% day 1, 19% year 5 and 38% down year 10.

Your numbers are way off, which will surprise nobody. BTW, 1996 hire, DC-9 Capt.

I just took my number and the guy from delta closest to me. He ends down 5% with NWA year 1, equal year 5, ahead year 10. With DAL, he goes up 2% day 1, ends up 19% year 5 and 60% year 10.

I end up the same with NWA. Under DAL proposal, down 10% day 1, 19% year 5 and 38% down year 10.

Your numbers are way off, which will surprise nobody. BTW, 1996 hire, DC-9 Capt.

Under our proposal, we all are within 2% of your current spot, and would have been exactly the same spot had we not put the bottom 400 all NWA. You are NOT down 10% from where you are NOW. Nope. You are down 2%. It is called relative percentage. You cannot add in attrition that you THINK might happen. And, I am a 1996 hire, senior 767 FO, and could now hold 738 Captain on reserve or MD88 Captain with a line. I can supposedly hold 767 Captain in LA also (a '97 hire has it now). Under your proposal, I am down 14% right off the bat. Thanks sooo much for letting us be equal in 5 years......ridiculous..... You are misleading people. Relative percentage is fair for everyone, since you do not gain or lose from where you are RIGHT NOW. It was done in the Nicelau award, and that was fair, but the DOH people don't think so.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Under our proposal, we all are within 2% of your current spot, and would have been exactly the same spot had we not put the bottom 400 all NWA. You are NOT down 10% from where you are NOW. Nope. You are down 2%. It is called relative percentage. You cannot add in attrition that you THINK might happen. And, I am a 1996 hire, senior 767 FO, and could now hold 738 Captain on reserve or MD88 Captain with a line. Under your proposal, I am down 14% right off the bat. Thanks sooo much for letting us be equal in 5 years......ridiculous..... You are misleading people. Relative percentage is fair for everyone, since you do not gain or lose from where you are RIGHT NOW. It was done in the Nicelau award, and that was fair, but the DOH people don't think so.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

You are wrong, I go from 65% on NWA 's list to 72% on the combined list. And where r u in 5 years under both proposals? You don't think there will be a fence, even Nicalau had a fence until age 60 changed.

Hey DOH is a possibility, just a very slim one.
I think I'll buy a Powerball ticket, "You can't win if your don't play." The odds are a little over eighty million to one, but I'm feeling lucky!

Match 5+ Powerball = 1:80,089,128

Last edited:
Hey, I'm just up here in the Choir Loft. Preach it Brother!

Latest resources

Back