Rough numbers from each proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General,

With all due respect, and I assume you're a smart guy, Redtail says he's on the DC9 as a Captain, not a F/O on a widebody. That's not making fun, there's nothing to make fun of, unless you're an idiot!
Captains are higher up on the food chain. Due to the greater responsibility required and the increased compensation, it's more than being just a widebody F/O. just checking off waypoints on a flight plan.

How long have you been doing this ? You're answers really surprise me...

Can't you just picture the General, on a long flight, pissing off Captain number one because he's a know it all and then Captain number 2 comes in to the same never ending dissertation of his "knowledge".

"I could be a Captain", "I have the inside gouge", "My wife has a great job", "I'm an FO because of the lifestyle". I am sure he spends many a layover alone.

General,

With all due respect, and I assume you're a smart guy, Redtail says he's on the DC9 as a Captain, not a F/O on a widebody. That's not making fun, there's nothing to make fun of, unless you're an idiot!
Captains are higher up on the food chain. Due to the greater responsibility required and the increased compensation, it's more than being just a widebody F/O. just checking off waypoints on a flight plan.

How long have you been doing this ? You're answers really surprise me...

They do? Just because I choose QOL right now over an upgrade on something I don't really want to fly? I would prefer to fly the 738 (I was an FO on it), and I enjoy being a line holder. I can't do that in ATL just yet. I could do it in LA, on the 738 or the 767 (barely). I would rather fly out of my home base, it is a lot easier. And, I don't consider the DC9 anything special. If you do, great. I don't. I was a 727 FE way back when, and that is all I want to do with old technology. If you like going to Bismark and Flint, go for it. I don't. I was a Captain on an E120 for a few years, and that was great, but I don't have to be a Captain to feel good. Been there already. And how long have I been a pilot? For a long while, and at Delta since '96.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Can't you just picture the General, on a long flight, pissing off Captain number one because he's a know it all and then Captain number 2 comes in to the same never ending dissertation of his "knowledge".

"I could be a Captain", "I have the inside gouge", "My wife has a great job", "I'm an FO because of the lifestyle". I am sure he spends many a layover alone.

I am the life of the party. We always have fun, and I do have a lot of "gouge." Most appreciate it. And, my wife has come down to Rio with me a couple times, and to Europe too. Good times. Do you take your wife on your trips?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back