Rough numbers from each proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee ladies and gentleman.[/quote]

Riiight? And? We bring more to the table. Status quo. It is all being looked at.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Doesn't matter. The NWAALPA Neg Committee was able to get us all a raise, thank you very much, because we brought so much to the table.
... as Little John would say "WHAT!?!"

How's getting brought up to parity with Delta, the "NWAALPA Neg Committee was able to get us all a raise?"

My pay's the same before and after DCC - SKEET SKEET SKEET!

Last edited:
Really

DALPA---relative seniorty after the bottom 400 all NWA due to DC9s being smallest plane and lowest paid, plus some leaving the fleet. Delta pilots would move up 2% on average (from current relative percentage) due to those bottom 400 being all NWA.

So the bottom 400 NWA pilots should be stapled at the bottom despite most being hired 6 years before the Delta pilots?

I think he answered your question in the affirmative and stated the reason why.

I'll ask you, If we merge with Alaska, should they get DOH on NWA equipment?

DALPA---relative seniorty after the bottom 400 all NWA due to DC9s being smallest plane and lowest paid, plus some leaving the fleet. Delta pilots would move up 2% on average (from current relative percentage) due to those bottom 400 being all NWA.

So the bottom 400 NWA pilots should be stapled at the bottom despite most being hired 6 years before the Delta pilots?

Are they on planes that could go away? Can any of them hold widebody equipment? Are most of them flying the lowest paid plane in the company? Have you asked the bottom USAir East guy who has 17 years with USAir if he thought it was fair being placed next to the bottom AWA guy? It is called relative seniority, and the top 500 USAir East guys got the top 500 in the combined company too, since they had something AWA didn't have. NWA has something DL doesn't have also, planes leaving.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The 767 Captain's I fly with have about your DOH.

.....and they are about equals.....767 vs. DC9 really shouldn't be that different....We get way to caught up in "size"......

The Europeans have it right....pay the same regardless of aircraft size.....

I think he answered your question in the affirmative and stated the reason why.

I'll ask you, If we merge with Alaska, should they get DOH on NWA equipment?

IMO yes they should......Longevity matters....despite what some who think they hit the jackpot by being at the "carrier of the day" think.....

Get over this "mine is bigger than yours" cr@p......

IMO yes they should......Longevity matters....despite what some who think they hit the jackpot by being at the "carrier of the day" think.....

Get over this "mine is bigger than yours" cr@p......

Longevity didn't matter to Nicelau. We don't have a national seniority list. Also, the 767 Captain makes $24 more dollars an hour than the DC9 Captain, which could be $29 if he/she flies INTL routes. That makes a big difference. The only airline that pays for longevity that has different sized planes here in the US is UPS I believe. Until we get the big bucks again like UPS or FEDEx, I don't think any of us will explore that concept.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Longevity didn't matter to Nicelau. We don't have a national seniority list. Also, the 767 Captain makes $24 more dollars an hour than the DC9 Captain, which could be $29 if he/she flies INTL routes. That makes a big difference. The only airline that pays for longevity that has different sized planes here in the US is UPS I believe. Until we get the big bucks again like UPS or FEDEx, I don't think any of us will explore that concept.

Bye Bye--General Lee

UPS does it and so do many foreign airlines....make much more sense than our screwed up system......What is the logic in how many seats are behind the cockpit door....It creates these silly "size" issues.....

UPS does it and so do many foreign airlines....make much more sense than our screwed up system......What is the logic in how many seats are behind the cockpit door....It creates these silly "size" issues.....

Mainly you create more revenue by flying the larger plane with more pax and more cargo capability. The same is done in other industries like Cruise ships, and van vs truck drivers. If more could go wrong if you crash, you are often paid more for that extra responsibility. I know UPS and INTL carriers like Lufthansa do longevity, which means younger Captains flying widebodies abroad, vs senior guys flying closer to home and normal time zones. That could be good and bad I suppose.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back