• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rollaboards in the cabin?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to mention if the paxs see you bring your roller board on board, they may start complaining they didn't get to bring theirs on board...thus creating chaos

I get the same thing when I non rev. They tell me it won't fit, I say ok take the tag and put it on and then just walk on the plane. The gate agents never see it as they are taking tickets and being an RJ driver, I know it will fit. I don't argue with them, just do what I want with the bag.
Win win situation, they think they told you what to do and you give them the finger when you stick it in the overhead.

those of you who restrict rollaboards from the cabin, what do you use for pax weights? summer/winter?

What ever number Aerodata has stored in their system.

I think winter is 189. Not so sure about summer weights.

Don't be such an a** clown. If the FA says no, show some respect and comply. How'd you feel if an offline FA came on YOUR plane and started correcting your proceedure? Hell, forget it being a worthless FA, an offline pilot for that matter? Pilots aren't exempt from compliance.

What is there to comply with, your flight bag fits put it in. If it doesn't don't put it in. Makes it pretty simple doesn't it?
Why would a fa say no to flight crew anyway? If she wanted her bag up there, she darn sure would put it there. Wait, her bag is probably up there already.

those of you who restrict rollaboards from the cabin, what do you use for pax weights? summer/winter?

CHQ uses 190lbs in the summer and 195 in the winter. 30lbs for each gate checked and checked bag. 60lbs for heavies.

Sorry to all the folks I haven't been able to take in the last two weeks...

It'd be nice to have another 400-600lbs of ZFW to work with.

PAX 184 summer 189 winter
Kiddos 76 summer 81 winter
Carry ons in the trunk 20
Checked bags 30
Heavy bags 60

I have a PNT 737 Stealth bag, which I bought because it fits in the overhead and under the seats of both the E145 and CRJ families...and because I frankly don't trust ramp rats in a hub with my RON bag.

I've had flight attendants on Pinnacle, TSA, and most recently PSA all give me a huge amount of hassle for wanting to bring my bag onboard to stash in the overhead. Each time I've been in uniform with my ID, and each time I've been told "it won't fit". I try to very nicely tell them that yes, in fact it will fit as I've done it before and fly the same kind of airplane....but then the story changes to either "There's no room" or "Our policy is no roller bags in the cabin" or "It'll be a weight and balance issue" or some other excuse. I've never had this issue carrying my RON bag onboard Eagle, Chautauqua, or Comair.

I'm always thankful for a free ride regardless of the operator or where my bag rides, so I haven't felt a need to bring petty things like this to the Captain's attention. I'm just curious, though, if there really are policies like this at certain companies....or is the FA is just exerting his "authority" on an offline JS?

Don't worry, your bag will survive the rampers. You can't keep the paint on it forever.

Latest resources

Back