Rock fight for FedEx?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Echopapa

Can someone please explain to me the very strange and seemingly disjointed email I just received from our CP?

Standard tactic has been for management, to include management pilots, is to imply if we only had "reasonable" negotiators we'd get somewhere. Union team generally does not badmouth managers personally, even though the negotiators names may be getting drug through the mud.

Looks like one of the union guys returned the favor, and hurt some feelings along the way. What is Tony C's signature line? "...the truth only hurts if it should.."

I've been pretty pleased with our managers during my short tenure. They have a tough job to do and its got to be impossible to make everyone happy. However, I do wonder sometimes what their "role" is during negotiations. I always felt they were between a rock and a hard place. Well...perhaps some of them ARE the rock or the hard place. However, they sure don't like to be called out on it.... I have always hoped our "reasonable men" in management were our quiet advocates when dealing with the company. Looks like our MEC has pointed out that perhaps some of them are actually working against us.

In any case, I do not believe the lack of a contract for the 15 months is the fault of our MEC. The company has no economic incentive to hurry, and I put 99% of the delays and stalling on their side of fence.

Last edited:
My negotiating committee speaks for me (make sure you get the new cool red sticker for your bag, it also fits nicely on one of th sides of the 1union, voice, contract, future bag tag!!--thanks to my friend Maniac for that idea--even if he is a Pats fan and a fighter pilot on top of that!!! :)...

One more day of retro pay
Los1

AlbieF15 said:
Standard tactic has been for management, to include management pilots, is to imply if we only had "reasonable" negotiators we'd get somewhere.

Sorry Albie, fact is there is 0% of getting an contract the way things are now. Same direction, same kind leadership, same thinking as there was in 95'. I'm a nonmember because the situation will not change until a lot of people get hurt. Say what you want, call me what you want, but based on my experience with ALPA during the last 35+ years you are very much at risk. Only time will prove me right or wrong, but hang on for a rough ride. Hang on to that Guard/Reserve job.

Clearing the Air

Hi Albie:

I hope that you are recovering nicely and enjoying your time with family.

I heard that a little rat passed through here and passed some gas so I thought that I would clear the air a little bit.

Back in '95 we barely had 50% membership. Quite a bit different from today. A big example of how things have changed is to look at the Vice-MEC Chair and the Co-Chair of piot-to-pilot. Back in '95 both of them were vehemently anti-unon and worked actively to get ALPA thrown off of the property ). Talk with them both now and they will be the first to admit that they were wrong about unions in general and ALPA in particular. Back in '95 we had chaotic leadership and weak membership. In '98 we had very strong membership and weak leadership with a pretty weak union (in-house= no money). Today we have very strong leadership, strong membership and it WILL make the difference. This thing is playing out exactly as it it did in '95 & '98. This time, WE will ensure a different outcome!

See you all on the 23rd. I'm coming in from my vacation and giving up a swordfishing trip to be there.

Last edited:
FoxHunter said:
Sorry Albie, fact is there is 0% of getting an contract the way things are now. Same direction, same kind leadership, same thinking as there was in 95'. I'm a nonmember because the situation will not change until a lot of people get hurt. Say what you want, call me what you want, but based on my experience with ALPA during the last 35+ years you are very much at risk. Only time will prove me right or wrong, but hang on for a rough ride. Hang on to that Guard/Reserve job.

35+ year experienced
SCAB

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back